• ADULT COURT HE COMMITED MURDER

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • JUVENILE COURT

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • JAIL DAD 4 GIVING HIM GUN

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alot are posting about the gun should be locked up and dont get me wrong, it should have been or at very least out of reach. But with proper parenting, it wouldn't matter if the gun was locked up or not. The kid would know better. Growing up, our guns were never locked up. Hell I started keeping my shotgun in my room when I was 14.

I tested my 6 year old not too long ago. I took my piece off my waist(unloaded it) and told her to take it to my night stand in the bedroom. She refused. I told her it was okay and that it was unloaded. "No, it's dangerous and I'm not touching it" Training gun safety/responsibility starts at a young age and should never stop.

I guess thats true lot kids around here have guns in KY+SOUTHER IN but dont kill people.I think adult jail mabe not right .I been in jail before theres times when people dont have clothes on shower change of clothes +have use bathroom right out in open.also what about sexual preditors .Im not saying cut him loose but adult jail just not suited 4 a 11 year old.

I guess thats true lot kids around here have guns in KY+SOUTHER IN but dont kill people.I think adult jail mabe not right .I been in jail before theres times when people dont have clothes on shower change of clothes +have use bathroom right out in open.also what about sexual preditors .Im not saying cut him loose but adult jail just not suited 4 a 11 year old.

He's no longer in "adult jail," he was moved to a juvenile detention center after about 48 hours, and he was not in general population at any time. No facilities around here could accommodate the situation so they were keeping him under observation in a holding cell until he could be moved to a more suitable location. He was in holding because the Lawrence County jail didn't have the facilities to deal with an 11 year old. They had to lock down an entire wing of the prison just so he could take a shower.

There's so much misinformation and ridiclious bias being spewed in this thread that it's sickening.

It's a lack of parenting. There is a fundamental skill missing in a lot of parents today. I mean there is something that has eroded in the basic skills of most parents that was there just a few generations ago. It's reflected in the children of today. When grandparents talk about how back in their day kids wouldn't act that way... it was true. And now that we have lost it we will probably never get it back.

Sad. They will blame the child, the gun, the school system and anything else they can point a finger at. However, we won't hear anyone say that society in general has let the children down.

Sorry, I am done now.

It's the government getting too involved in the wrong way. Spanking and/or reprimanding your child in public should never have become as taboo as it has.

I can remember having an older gentleman tell me to behave for my mother while she and I were out grocery shopping when I was around 7 years old. Talk about straightening me up quick. I was embarrassed and he reinforced who was right and who was wrong without any form of punishment; not to mention reminding me who the child was. Today, you try that and the mom will come unglued and jump your case. :banghead:

The old adage, "It takes a village to raise a child", remains true. The problem is that the village has no involvement any more for fear of the Chief or one another.

We as a society are afraid to help one another because we've let the government dictate law to us versus the government being an extension of "we the people".

It's the government getting too involved in the wrong way. Spanking and/or reprimanding your child in public should never have become as taboo as it has.

I can remember having an older gentleman tell me to behave for my mother while she and I were out grocery shopping when I was around 7 years old. Talk about straightening me up quick. I was embarrassed and he reinforced who was right and who was wrong without any form of punishment; not to mention reminding me who the child was. Today, you try that and the mom will come unglued and jump your case. :banghead:

The old adage, "It takes a village to raise a child", remains true. The problem is that the village has no involvement any more for fear of the Chief or one another.

We as a society are afraid to help one another because we've let the government dictate law to us versus the government being an extension of "we the people".
You hit it on the head there. I couldn't figure out exactly how to say what I wanted to, but that sums it up. It's the fear to help another due to the current political and social environment.

I will promise you my child will know discipline and respect :whistle: She knows what a :moon: whoopin is about.

Wow, I haven't had a chance to read through all the responses, but has anyone given a thought as to what the GF might have been doing to the boy. Maybe it wasn't just jealousy. Maybe it was. It is sad that he thought the resolution to this was to kill her. But what is really scary is that he went to school right afterwards. Like nothing happened. That boy has definitely been through something horrible. Maybe send him to a good Psych hospital until he is 18 and then re-evaluate him. I think his father ought to serve some of the sentence and be neutered so he doesn't destroy anymore kids.

Wow, I haven't had a chance to read through all the responses, but has anyone given a thought as to what the GF might have been doing to the boy. Maybe it wasn't just jealousy. Maybe it was. It is sad that he thought the resolution to this was to kill her. But what is really scary is that he went to school right afterwards. Like nothing happened. That boy has definitely been through something horrible. Maybe send him to a good Psych hospital until he is 18 and then re-evaluate him. I think his father ought to serve some of the sentence and be neutered so he doesn't destroy anymore kids.

Honestly never thought about that. So many possibilities.

Back