1000 tail mod

The front of our bikes is so smooth and curvy, while the gix is straight lines and sharp turns. Like a Palestinian guy marrying a Jewish girl. The two worlds just don't mix.

The front of our bikes is so smooth and curvy, while the gix is straight lines and sharp turns.

Like this?

19366_camarotruck.jpg

Its been proven that I'm a hater of this look, but I must admit, it looks good in white! Maybe its because the passenger seat is on instead of the cowl.. ???

I think the factory graphics stand out and are more knife edge appearing on the white/red euro bike that it's visually helping to pull it together.

I dont think I would do this mod. Mostly because it is way easier to leave it like it is and I love the look of my baby :laugh: I support the person who does anything to their bike. Well I take that back. The video posted about the busa trike and the ginormous rear tire, well I could punch them in the neck over that. To each their own though.

Perfectly willing to accept that SP if you tell me so, but (be honest) how many seals did you go through before you were good enough to do that?

One seal, so one set on the Busa, as it only takes one or two hard landings to cause a leak. I did drop the front hard a couple times before I got the hang of the Busa. One set on a ZX7 I had, but they were leaking when I bought it. None on my 1000.
I learned to wheelie dirtbikes first, (many years ago) so the transition to the street(many years ago:laugh:)was pretty easy.
It's the guys that just power wheelie that have more seal leaks. As the front drops hard when you run out of power. If you're balanced and have control you ease the bike down slowly. Usually you get that nice screech or puff of smoke as opposed to a thud and bottomed out forks.
Most forks leak eventually, but not nearly as bad from wheelies as most people think.
I can do fork seals myself though, so no biggie:laugh::beerchug:

Ya know what slips through the tight corner roads even better?

The gixxer it was taken off of!

Looked a whole lot better on it too.

But hey, as long as you like it.

The Gixxer doesn't have the torque bro. You know this, right?

Because I don't see a pic of your busa! Hey, anybody ride with this guy yet?!

Bring it to the bash friend, let's see what you got.

The first gen busa is only up 5 nm of torque on the 06 gsxr 1000. That doesn't come close to making up for the extra weight...

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

I do indeed, but torque means little unless there's a lot of straight between the bends, and you were talking about tight twisties right? You'd have trouble keeping up with a good rider on a gixxer 600. You think not? Well, then you're either delusional or Valentino Rossi using a pen name.

My point is I see little point in getting possibly the best all rounder there is, then putting on an uncomfortable seat because it helps you shift from side to side.

If you did it cos you think it looks better, more power to ya. I disagree but it's not my bike. Come to think of it...if it makes you think the busa is invincible in hairpins because the seat is hard, skinny, and about as easy on your bottom as the first night in maximum security, who am I to argue? ???

Back