1/2 HELMETS VS FULL FACE

Well boys put it this way. When I was in my crash I had a full face on and if I had not have I would be dead right here right now. They analyzed the damage done to the helmet on the scene and said if I had not been wearing one it would have crushed the right side of my skull in and TOTALLY ripped my face completely off because there was a good amount of time I spent sliding on my face. Wear the FF guys its much safer.
BB69

Full Face!!!. I have 3 lids, 2 half face and 1 full face. You're right about being able to see better around blind spots when wearing a half-face helmet, but they really do not offer any protection.  The only thing that's secure is the top of your head and that's only if the helmet is DOT approved.  I don't know of anyone who gets hit directly on top of the head when goin down.
I have a novelty helmet which is not DOT approved but looks cool, especially when I wear the skull mask and shatter proof shades/riding glasses.  But that all "BS"!!! because looking cool doesn't protect you, so I don't wear it anymore.  Its now in its rightful place on the shelf in the garage collecting dust which is the purpose of a novelty helmet.   Its better to be safe than sorry. Just puchase a helmet that has good ventilation.

BigK

<!--EDIT|BigK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119060029 -->

Brother "him" wrote:
"Id just grab some shades open your visor and ride with the shades on if it gets too hot."

I have done this in the past & will continue to do so...I’ve always wondered about the flip ups…what’s the point if they’re not snell approved? Thanks all for the comments, especially the ones sharing actual road incidents! Those are the most warranted!  

BTW I’ve seen enough gore pics, no one has to post ‘em here, just link ‘em if U have too!  

<!--EDIT|AZTECWARRIOR
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119062277 -->

Hey AZ..... Seeing as NO ONE wants to admit that they "like" to ride with a half helmet, I'll chime in and agree with you!! I'm man enough to admit it!
muscle.gif
.... lol... I rode last spring in Florida with out a helmet, though NOT something I would do every day, even if I could living here in Ontario Canada. I only rode without it for the experience.... AND before everyone jumps all down my back for my "STUPIDITY" as my wife and yes of course my mother too.... I found that I was so cautious and REALLY slow to the point of NOT enjoying the ride too much, so I only rode without it the one time so I could say that I did!

I haven't rode my BUSA with the half helmet yet, I'm still haveing brake issues at the moment anyways and can't ride it, I was considering giving it a go. Besides it's a Carbon Fiber one so it looks kind cool.... At least I think so! LOL....

There's nothing <span style='color:deeppink'>GAY</span> about a half helmet!

gayhelmet.jpg

Now let's all sing along.....

<span style='color:deeppink'>Hey! Hey! Hey, hey, hey!
Macho, macho man
I've got to be, a macho man
Macho, macho man
I've got to be a macho! Ow....</span>

whats gay thats some ol pimp shid
cool.gif

hell sometimes its only half ! rain , bugs , and road debris suck ! but i drive without a seatbelt in the car , sometimes i ride a bicycle without elbow pads ! #### happens ! if you go down hold your head up ! nice for cruising , then again i can control the demon that tells me to doo 160 mph when im ridin with a half helmet , only cause it sucks when your shades blow off at that speed ! kind of like shooting compressed air in your eyes
biggrin.gif
so you aint alone also have the german half , bolth are dot aproved ! i dont need such a pretty face for my job , so alls good if im alive after the crash

busa_3.jpg

Echoing Rev's post.

Your face will care if you only have a half-helmet.

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119104384 -->

the helmet should cover as much of your face as you want to NOT be disfigured in the event of a crash. Like Michael Jackson he can wear open face helmet cause they'd just replace the plastics LOL

hell sometimes its only half ! rain , bugs , and road debris suck ! but i drive without a seatbelt in the car , sometimes i ride a bicycle without elbow pads ! #### happens ! if you go down hold your head up ! nice for cruising , then again i can control the demon that tells me to doo 160 mph when im ridin with a half helmet , only cause it sucks when your shades blow off at that speed ! kind of like shooting compressed air in your eyes
biggrin.gif
so you aint alone also have the german half , bolth are dot aproved ! i dont need such a pretty face for my job , so alls good if im alive after the crash
If you had ever actually "been down", then you would not have made the statement: "if you go down hold your head up!"

You don't get to decide where your head goes, or what it hits.

"You" may be able to "control the demon", but can you control the cagers around you, and their inattention to their surroundings (you) as they turn in front of you or pull out in your path?

You typically DO NOT get to decide when you go down. Ask anyone that has ever crashed for any reason, if they meant to go down, or planned it. The answer will always be NO.

It's your head...do what you want
wink.gif

Oh and from an appearance POV, the Half helmets look really damn Gay.  Not hating, just laying it out, they look retarded.

More Biker Boyz BS...  Don't fall for it.
I'll reserve comment on the fag remark, some riders around here would take ya to task on that on the street. If your concern that much about your looks than that sounds pretty gay. F biker boys BTW

But I get your main point, squidish!
Those must be some riders who are insecure with themselves, then.

Besides, sometimes the half lid does look damn gay; in the "dated" sense, as well as in the more modern slang meaning of "ridiculous," not in the "that helmet has an affinity for other helmets of the same sex" sense.

In any case, back on topic, yeah, there are times that I have went for a spin without my lid. I agree with you; sometimes I enjoy the feel of the wind and all that...(although I haven't worn a half-lid since I was a kid...to me, now, they just look...you know). I assume the risk. I know full well what could happen if I were to go down without my lid on. Although more and more I just feel naked and insecure without my helmet strapped on my melon.

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119114943 -->

Add me to the list of people that would either be dead or have half a face if they werent wearing a full face helmet.

Sliding on raod surface is not disimilar to applying an angle grinder to various exposed bits of your body.

Would you like an angle grinder thrust into your face or into your helmet and visor? Surely this isnt a hard choice?

As for idiots claiming that they can choose the way their head bounces in a crash it makes me wonder how people so retarded can get enough dollars together to own a Busa in the first place.

moX

hell sometimes its only half ! rain ,  bugs , and road debris suck ! but i drive without a seatbelt in the car , sometimes i ride a bicycle without elbow pads ! #### happens !  if you go down hold your head up !  nice for cruising ,  then again i can control the demon that tells me to doo 160 mph  when im ridin with a half helmet , only cause it sucks when your shades blow off at that speed !  kind of like shooting compressed air in your eyes
biggrin.gif
Spoken like a true person whos prolly never been a wreck before. You wouldn't have such a cavalier attitude if you had to grow your skin and meat back. Just my .02

Add me to the list of good looking accident victims. I did my superman flying impersonation face first into asphalt at 50 mph and the only flesh still intact was my face thanks to my full face helmet. The chin was nearly ground off and the visor broke loose. I'm sure I would have been dead or permanently scared for life had I not worn it.

To me its just a simple IQ test. I can tell right away who the smarter riders are. My brain is far too valuable to risk injury no matter what excuse you use to justify riding without.

I dont alway wear full proper riding gear but living in the heat of Florida I will not ride without my helmet.

I think I remember from MSF course that over 60% of motorcycle fatalities are to the facial area.

Add me to the list of good looking accident victims. I did my superman flying impersonation face first into asphalt at 50 mph and the only flesh still intact was my face thanks to my full face helmet. The chin was nearly ground off and the visor broke loose. I'm sure I would have been dead or permanently scared for life had I not worn it.

To me its just a simple IQ test. I can tell right away who the smarter riders are. My brain is far too valuable to risk injury no matter what excuse you use to justify riding without.

I dont alway wear full proper riding gear but living in the heat of Florida I will not ride without my helmet.
Well man I think it's pretty much like this.......we can sit here and tell some of these people what we lived through and offer some serious advice on a subject that we have first hand experience dealing with. HOWEVER, I am convinced some people are just too stupid to heed the advice. No matter what we say they are gonna have an excuse of why they disagree with it. So it's just gonna end up with a sad result. And that result being everyone learns but some learn the hard way.

Back