07 GSXR 1000

busabutter

Registered
I tried to talk a friend into getting a hayabusa. But he just didn't like the way it looked. Instead he gets a new 07 GSXR 1000.

It comes with a mode selection which gives 3 different power settings, thought that was nifty but whats the point, isn't there a power selector already on the right side of the handle bar.

Anyways we ran them. He doesn't believe in break ins. Just warm up the bike and wot. His break in lasts 20 min and then its drive it like you stole it.

So we run the bikes, it was neck and neck. So we decide to hop on the interstate so we can go wot longer. To my surprise we were neck and neck the whole way. I don't know how long we wen't seemed like a couple of miles and I didn't even bother to look down at the speedo but I couldn't pull away from him.

Is this bike a bad bitch or is the hayabusa showing its age.

the 07 1k is a BEAST!!!!
SHOCKED.gif

but what do u expect when u have a bike that weighs 100pounds less than the busa and is actaully making a tad more horsepower out of the box.

I was shocked and he couldn't stop grinning. Guess he's mighty happy that he got the 1000 instead of a busa that I tried to talk him into.

We will see who is grinning when we make a long trip.

Yeah, I have a buddy who just got a 1000. He likes to talk trash about how his is faster than mine, blah blah blah blah....

I didn't buy my busa for its speed or power (though it didnt hurt) but for long ride comfort. We took a long ride yesterday and he was worn out WAY before I was, and I had a passenger....

Plus, the passenger I had was new to riding. yesterday was the 2nd time she had ever been on a motorcycle, the first time being Sunday. Not only that, but she's tall (about 5'9" or so) so it wasnt as if i had a little 5 ft 90 lb chick back there. My buddy asked her if she wanted to ride with him, and she said "no way, not on that thing. Besides, I'm not giving my seat up"

I guess that says it all.
beerchug.gif

(busabutter @ May 09 2007,00:39) We will see who is grinning when we make a long trip.
+1

They just got the blk/org one at the dealers. I looked at it hard but I don't think the headlight will be very good in the corners at night. They also got the R1 in red two days ago. I'm still thinking about that.

I have had my busa for a short time and is it pretty comfy. Both gals that have ridding on my bike were very impressed with the wide tractor seat on the back.

no doubts, the '07 GSX-R 1k is fast...as fast as a fairly stock Busa...but if said Busa were to, say, meet up with a new PC/Airfilter/Boxmod/Exhaust/sprocket combo-i think that 1k would be eatin humble soup everywhere but the corners.

I thought that 07 was suppose to be a killer.Neck and neck is not a killer.Run'm again after his first oil change.

(proud dad @ May 09 2007,08:55) I thought that 07 was suppose to be a killer.Neck and neck is not a killer.Run'm again after his first oil change.
+1

If yours is stock I'm surprise you did as well as you did. It should gain a few hp with break in. ANY of the new liter bikes will more than run with a busa with the right rider.

(proud dad @ May 09 2007,08:55) I thought that 07 was suppose to be a killer.Neck and neck is not a killer.Run'm again after his first oil change.
From what I've heard, I expected him to say that the K7 pulled away also. I'm pretty proud of his Busa, considering the rider and two up comfort advantage
super.gif

the new 1000 really quick , but no stability above 165mph , also , can't match the top speed of our busas
smile.gif

(Guclu @ May 09 2007,10:04) the new 1000 really quick , but no stability above 165mph , also , can't match the top speed of our busas
smile.gif
They are all limited to 186 without the TRE. Same top speed across the board...

after changing my gears to 16/42 i will never see 186..........
SHOCKED.gif

I have the 06 1000 and it will run my busa it feels to me a bit more snappy with 100lbs less bulk but comfprt it don't have the busa gets more miles than the 1000 cause im old, fat, and slow
tounge.gif
I rode the 1000 500 miles ONCE never again, give me busa
super.gif

Displacement will win in the end. It's time for engine work guys and girls. If you love your Busa like I do, treat her to some upgrades.

(Guclu @ May 10 2007,00:04) the new 1000 really quick , but no stability above 165mph , also , can't match the top speed of our busas
smile.gif
I highly dispute that!
biggrin.gif

I hit high 160's GPS verified/Lap timer all the time at the front straight California Speedway during trackdays. Just as much stability as the Busa. It also takes turn 1 much faster and brakes much deeper too. On the Busa going from front straight to turn 1-I can only hit it at 100 MPH. On the Gixx 140+MPH.

Back