Hayabusa vs. GSXR 1000

Well, my brother and I finally got the chance to run our bikes against each other. I have a stock 2006 Hayabusa and he has a stock 2007 GSXR 1000. We rode a 375 mile loop Saturday and had several opportunities to do 2nd, 3rd and 6th gear roll ons. Both bikes have the same mileage and maintenance done.

2nd gear roll on - both bikes stayed even until the Hayabusa was just under 10,000 rpm. Just when I thought I was going to pull past him, the GSXR 1000 pulled the Busa 1 bike length. Get this though, I had to shift to 3rd (which lost 1/2 a bike length). The run through 3rd had the GSXR pull me another bike length.

3rd gear roll on - same as above - both bikes dead even until about 10000 rpm and then the GSXR 1000 pulls ahead.

6th gear roll on from 80 mph. GSXR 1000 pulled the Busa immediately. Wasn't even a race.

Dragrace from a dead stop through 4 gears. Just because it is easier to launch, the Busa kicked a$$. We switched bikes several times and made several runs for each race with the same result each time.

The main difference between these bikes - at the 200 mile mark my buddy told me "I've had enough, I'm riding your Busa the rest of the way". And he did, he took my bike and rode it the next 150 miles because he was so uncomfortable on his GSXR 1000. When we got home all he could say was how he couldn't believe what an incredible motorcycle the Busa was.

View attachment 1120511

With that being said, I need more power. I cannot allow the Busa to be slower than the GSXR 1000. How does changing the exhaust cam affect power and power delivery on the Busa?
Was haybusa bone stock

Back