~~~   So, fess up   ~~~

iamwithstupid.gif

Some expected answers up there...hope the wives don't see 'em (or perhaps they should?!)

I miss TIME ALONE!!!  Kids helped curb that...we replace it with time with kids, but sometimes you really need to ditch 'em and go out on a date!
Yeah, time alone.  I love my kids dearly, but between them and our dog, there is very little quality time for my high school sweetheart and I.  We try to spend time together doing household tasks like shopping (for food!
smile.gif
) or going on various errands. It does seem to be letting up somewhat as the kids are getting older.  Though, there will be a time when we won't know what to do with ourselves when are kids are gone.  
sad.gif

We've been together since we were 15 (I'm 46 now).  If I complaint it's just because I'm being selfish.  She puts up with far more BS from me than I do from her.

My wife.  
smile.gif
Wow, been together a long time!
cool.gif

I started dating Mike when I was 15 and he was 17...I'll be 36 next month, so we're just a decade behind you...you prove it can be done!

My BIGGEST gripe (yeah, there's a list) is that when we have the chance to NOT have the kids around, Mike would rather take 'em along...we've been planning a weekend getaway for the last 2 anniversaries and have yet to go...I'm all for us vacationing with the kids, but I think we NEED time away without 'em every now and again...can't fight the hubby on that when he wants to take 'em though...so... *sigh*
It's funny, both of us feel like we did when we first started dating.  Yeah, a little smarter, a little more rational, but basically the same.  I think my wife is more beautiful now than when we first met.  She says the same about me (thank God for fading eyesight
smile.gif
)

Having a husband who loves spending time with his kids is probably a GREAT thing!  Yeah, we guys sometimes don't know when there is too much of a good thing, but what the heck, who ever said we were any good at paying attention?  
tounge.gif

Before you know it, the kids will be gone and it will be just the both of you.  That is, until the grand kids come...
40__s.gif

I'll bet they will love to get a ride on Granny's 'Busa.
laugh.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

Some expected answers up there...hope the wives don't see 'em (or perhaps they should?!)

I miss TIME ALONE!!!  Kids helped curb that...we replace it with time with kids, but sometimes you really need to ditch 'em and go out on a date!
+1 on that,

My wife and I have been together 24 years. She is 42 and I am 44. we have two, kids 24 and 17. We are now young enough, and the children are old enough for she and I to enjoy time together. She just bought a Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak last year and I have the Busa. We love to get away and do the things that all our friends did when we where younger and they had no kids. Ironically they all have young kids now and can't get away. We have our ups and downs and still fight about the stupid things, but enjoy the important things, like family, friends and good times together.

Enjoy the time it goes by fast, before you know it their gone at last.

I don't know what life would have been like with out my wife and kids, I'm just glad I didn't have to find out.

Lets see here....

I had to give up my 'quail scene' sofa~
down.gif

Somewhere along the ride I gave up my balls~
redcomprs2.gif

Most definitly gave up trying to look fit~
muscle.gif

I gave up the fear of being alone... now I long for it~
brave.gif

Even seem to have lost some hair along the way!
eek2.gif

face7.gif

It's all good though... yeah, ya gotta love 'em.. well, unless you enjoyed that Broke Back flic... then ya don't gotta~
AAAssjani.gif
OK. hold on here..
Let me explain.

Quail Couch- This old ugly couch he had when I moved in.. it was the country type with a quail on every cushion. Think redneck hicksville 1970s, and that's the couch
laugh.gif
I think it went out the door the first week I was there.

His balls - He's neutered. Not my idea, it was his. So don't let him fool ya!
smile.gif

Looking fit- yeahhhh. I'm a good cook.
down.gif

Being alone - whatever..
wow.gif

Lost hair - Uh yeah. But he made mine turn GRAY!
evil.gif

down.gif

of course I'm single and therefoire don't know ANYTHING, but the other thing I NOTICE that stops is communication. people meet and talk about their dreams and ideas, and share all that, and act interested or become interested, and then later it becomes more maintenance and endurance. Married people SEEM [at least in my observations] more concerned with where that $25 dollars went then where their spouses head is at. What are they going through, what can we help them with, what passions have been lost..... you know, talks about LIFE. communication gets lost or misdirected because busy schedules and careers interfere. HELLO!!!! Isn't your one true love, life partner a tad more important than those TPS Reports, getting the kids to soccer practice, or the latest sports scores??

The "Team" looses it's momentum, direction and passion for the sport, because they think they've reached the finished line. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon for life. YOU can LET it get dull, and realize the do-nothing default is things stop, or YOU can ride it like a wild bull from start to finish till death do you part.

Gave up nothing till the Baby was born. -wed pool and -going out after thur bowling. Don't hit the bar on the weekend anymore. And drink very lite now.

Sorry to thread jack but I figure this is where the married people are tuned in anyway. I'm in a relationship with an older woman that wants to get married after three years. The relationship hasn't been too bad but I'm not ready to get married. Is it just a young guy thing or is this natural for every man?

I think everything changes when you say "I do". For me, everything changed for the better. I had to laugh at some of the posts, especially when having to get rid of the bike divorce papers were given. I think too many things change for worse because too many couples get married because of there being a bundle of joy on the way. It would be much easier for couples to get acquainted in marriage without the pressure of trying to start a family on top of the marriage...

Sorry to thread jack but I figure this is where the married people are tuned in anyway. I'm in a relationship with an older woman that wants to get married after three years. The relationship hasn't been too bad but I'm not ready to get married. Is it just a young guy thing or is this natural for every man?
If I may be so bold, Marriage doesn't seem to mean anything anymore. No more than a lease on a car anyway. In the old days, people KNEW it meant stay together for life, for better AND worse. Not for better or swap. Now, people have little respect for it and don't understand what it SHOULD be: mates for life, living, loving and >>GROWING<< together. People grow, people change, people learn, that's life. You commit to adjusting to them as they do for you.... always KNOWING [except nowdays] that that person will ALWAYS be there for you as a partner to help, support and love you when the chips are down, and share the fun when the chips are up. Whoever isn't seeing it like that, is STILL being selfish in marriage.

That said, Neevus, why aren't you "ready" for marriage? Haven't you been PLAYING married for 3 years? Why would marriage be any different? She is ready for the sustained promise [marriage] of being there with you, and you for her, for the commitment. Are you seeing other women? If you are, why does she want to marry YOU? It would be obvious you don't love her.... really. You will NEVER find the PEREFECT mate.... that's the societal lie. You never were supposed to find perfection. Just find someone you like a LOT and real love GROWS. She is either really loving you, or desperate for support. After 3 years you should know if you could stand her for a long time. So why aren't you 'ready'?

Honestly, why DO women want to get married these days? Statistically, they'll be divorced within 5 years, and that CAN'T make one feel all comfortable and supported.... knowing most guys today don't have the 8@115 be the "Man" role because they don't have to because they can always trade out. So, why? Is it for the alimony upon divorce? For the 'stuff'? For the achievement of "The Young Girl's Fairy Tale" just once?

i'll tell you what stopped, SEX! now i have to make an appointment. i don't buy the bride jewelry anymore either.
rock.gif

[looks over shoulder slowly and carefully] [whispers] i'd say but i like livin'...
laugh.gif

Back