~~~   So, fess up   ~~~

After 36 Wonderful and Great years  
biggrin.gif
, I can't really say I gave up anything I really wanted
xblueman.gif
. But I know
idea3.gif
, I got alot that was added that I wouldn't have if I hadn't married the Woman I did  
jump9.gif

Yeeeeee Hawwwwww , I is a Fortunate Man  
slider1.gif

Me and my wife have been married seven years. No kids and we have the time of our lives. We both work a lot but we go out at least two times a week together. I think our time together has only improved and the things we do have only gotten better, yep better! Aint nothin stopped or changed for us. No complaints here.
Yeah I'm thinking it's this spawning reflex so many folks develop that fugs things up.

1. Get married
2. Get Pregnant
3. Slowly watch all your dreams and freedom turn into diaper Filling....

No Thank you, I have seen by prolly a 15-1 margin the number of Miserable parents VS Happy parents. Hell even the ones attesting to how wonderful being a parent is cannot fully disguise their desire for an early death....
smile.gif

OK Yeah I am being dramatic, but seriously. I have met enough married folks with and without kids to realize that kids Far from being a blessing, are most likely the single greatest cause of divorce, misery, pain, and Gray Hair, Directly or in-directly...

Hell the wife and I still do the things we used to do, we just do it a lot better. We've had a lot of practice. Hell we Took the H.D. up the road before I took it back and got frisky on that thing out in the country... Heck ya gotta have fun, that's the whole point. Nobody hatched ya here on this earth to wander around feeling bad or being miserable...

I've been married for more than 20 years, but I won't respond. There seems to be a Non-Married guy here posting like he has the whole marriage thing figured out, so I'll let the worldly one let us all know how it is.

post_6_90599_arg_o1de_sme11ie_fishe.gif

How would *I* keep you from responding? I'm just asking questions
smile.gif
I fully agree with Revlis's last post... and HE IS married

Me and my wife have been married seven years. No kids and we have the time of our lives. We both work a lot but we go out at least two times a week together. I think our time together has only improved and the things we do have only gotten better, yep better! Aint nothin stopped or changed for us. No complaints here.
Yeah I'm thinking it's this spawning reflex so many folks develop that fugs things up.  

1. Get married
2. Get Pregnant
3. Slowly watch all your dreams and freedom turn into diaper Filling....

No Thank you, I have seen by prolly a 15-1 margin the number of Miserable parents VS Happy parents.  Hell even the ones attesting to how wonderful being a parent is cannot fully disguise their desire for an early death....  
smile.gif

OK Yeah I am being dramatic, but seriously.  I have met enough married folks with and without kids to realize that kids Far from being a blessing, are most likely the single greatest cause of divorce, misery, pain, and Gray Hair, Directly or in-directly...

Hell the wife and I still do the things we used to do, we just do it a lot better.  We've had a lot of practice.  Hell we Took the H.D. up the road before I took it back and got frisky on that thing out in the country...  Heck ya gotta have fun, that's the whole point.  Nobody hatched ya here on this earth to wander around feeling bad or being miserable...
My wife and I are in the same position, some say unfortunately that we can't have kids, but we say that is what God intended for us. If the day ever does come there are thousands of children out there that need a good home, but for now we are very busy and tied up with our careers and playing and having fun. We have a large family with lots of nieces and nephews that we spoil rotten and then give them back to their parents. ROFLMAO

As for what stopped when we got married, nothing comes to mind. We have essentially gained the entire marriage, including our communication has gotten much better and we have had ample time for our relationship to grow closer and closer and that is waht will help you through the rough times. My wife has learned and started doing things that she would have never done if it was not for me and the same goes for myself, the main goal is to never stop learning from each other and always keep an open mind to new experiences.

We come and go as we choose, either with or without the other depending on our moods. WE never tell each other that he or she may or may not do this or go here. If she wants to go do something and I don't, I give a Kiss and send her on her way and vice versa.

Marriage is a privledge, if you want to do it then do it to the best of your abilities, no half a$$ing it here. If you don't want to be married don't do it just because.

Life and Marriage is what you make of it and you have only yourselves to blame if you are miserable, and noone else.

Well, Rev...let's not make it sound like having kids ends all lives and/or marriages, okay?  
laugh.gif

I wouldn't trade having kids for anything...but, just as most things in life, it's a change that everyone involved with has to get used to, that you have to build a routine for...sure, sleepless nights, diapers and formula and no social life for a spell, BUT, there's nothing like having a child.  

I have never told friends in my life that they SHOULD have kids, and I have some that insist they'll never, but I sure as hell don't want those same friends telling me why I SHOULDN'T have had 'em...it's all in our own experiences.  We all walk different paths in life, and if something like kids makes it look more difficult to an outsider, I can surely understand.  

While you and the wifey are enjoying a weekend away, I may be watching my sons riding a dirt bike or discovering how fun it really can be to sit in a big movie theater with a bucket of popcorn and watch a great movie...I might just be sitting on my sofa with a sleepy 3 year old rubbing my fingers while he drifts off to sleep, telling me for absolutely no reason "I love you Mommy"...I might be playing Playstation with the 5 year old while he tells me how I'm doing it all wrong and he needs to show me how to play, or smiling while he reads his first books to me to show me what he's learned in school...there's plenty of GREAT times with kids, memories I wouldn't trade for the world...unconditional love from the little guys that you never thought you'd have...and in the end, when they're both famous and rich, I hope they remember their Mom and Dad
laugh.gif
 ...set us up in a great home...
tounge.gif

It does take a toll on marriage, there's no doubt.  There are plenty of other variables that take a toll on a marriage - jobs, age, hobbies, finances, family...it's always a work in progress, at least that's what I believe...we all make different choices in life...
cool.gif

laugh.gif

I have been married twice, the first time was without kids, without love, and was a scam from day 1. She stuck around 4 months, long enough for me to pay off all her bills, get a bunch of money put way from not paying 4 months worth of my bills, then cleaning out the house and leaving when I went to work.

This time has been SO AWESOME, my wife now of 14 years has given me 2 wonderful children, one of each, loves to ride the back of the busa, never bitches about ANYTHING I bring home, as long as it doesnt have tits, fur or feathers, and I have never had better sex in my life, or such regular basis. After she hit 35 she turned into a hormone laden teenager again, in a good way.

I didnt give up b's, she never gave them.

99.999999% happy factor.
smile.gif

Nothing really... after 21 years I can't say I gave up anything....
on the other hand having kids... I gave up a lot of free time supporting them.
tounge.gif

Back