Scratching the Sky

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Simply awesome...the amount of skill it takes to hold those formations like that....

[video=vimeo;62739266]http://vimeo.com/62739266#[/video]

That is very cool...having not jumped very much to have that control to me is many years of training...if you move a few feet in the wrong direction you are taking out yourself or another jumper...the tight formations are similar to fighter jets at an air show...little to no room for error. I look foreword to hearing the door open up and stepping out this summer.

impressive..I'm not sure I have ever seen head down formations. What team was that?

Not sure, but VRW (Vertical Relative Work) has been gaining in popularity the last 10 years. There are now more head-down flyers than Belly flyers (because you can practice it solo, and the visuals are amazing). I'm old school the only time I'm on my head is swooping for the formation or I've made a mistake; I've not had any luck trying to fly like this...

Only time I've been seriously head down aside from swooping to formations or mistakes (see Skydivr's comments) was when I was learing to fly the board -- that'll get you upside down in a hurry if you don't know what you're doing.

--Sky

This is more my style; me, Nephew doing tandem, Wife at sunset :)

Tandem33a.jpg

Only time I've been seriously head down aside from swooping to formations or mistakes (see Skydivr's comments) was when I was learing to fly the board -- that'll get you upside down in a hurry if you don't know what you're doing.

--Sky

I had no desire to try the board...because I was sure I'd end up UNDER it...nobody even does that anymore....

For those of you who wonder what me and "The other Sky" are talking about:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I run out of words. i never try plane jumping before but after seeing this, it's definitely something I want to do :o

Back