The Northern Lights

Man that is so nice. I have always wanted to take a cruise and see the lights. Thanks for sharing

If I were to make a bucket list, seeing the northern lights would be on it.. It's just so unreal.

I grew up in New England, and one year (late 80's) the lights were able to be seen for a few days around Massachusetts and Connecticut.
It was not as as prominent the ones in the vid, but still awesome!

Wow that was cool!

Acid trip without the cid.

I thought the shooting stars was just as cool. Amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing.

On another subject. Would your life there be boring or not? If that's all you've ever known but yet there's nothing there is it dull and boring? I bet their lives are more fulfilling than ours.

I bet their lives are more fulfilling than ours.

The sober truth of it i'd say .

Dad was stationed in Alaska for a time . He told me about the lights when i was a kid and looking back , i can see he missed being able to see them much better. I was thinking about slower paced times this morning and thought about those lights he was fond of .

Have always wanted to see the northern Lights.In seattle on real clear nights, you can get a glimpse of them but barelt so I have been told.

I've seen them in the UP of Michigan before. Waaay up. Awesome to see. Very humbling.

Oh its harsh! -50 ambiant temps. It got to -67 witha windchill last winter... you ain't lived till you've felt that!!!:poke:

Been there done that. I lived in North Pole (across the road from the Santa Claus House) for 5 years. Really enjoyed my time there despite the cold. Northern lights are beautiful!

Great video. I would love to see them in person. Went on a cruise to Alaska once, the stars at night were just so brilliant. I hope to see the lights sometime in my lifetime. :)

If you fly an airplane into the Aurora, you will be transported back in time, i saw a documentry about it:whistle:

lango.jpg

Camp out on tundra :whistle: HELL NO!!! Food is scarce out there and polar bears know how to find a good and easy meal :laugh:

If you fly an airplane into the Aurora, you will be transported back in time, i saw a documentary about it:whistle:

Nope. Been there done that and still here. :poke: I was on a delivery flight in an MD-11 from Vancouver to Frankfort. It was around midnight over Iceland when we saw them. We basically flew right through them. It was awesome.

When I lived in Iceland got friendly with Bobby Harrison who used to be the drummer with Procol Harem. Me my ex wife, bobby and some friend were walking to a club where he was going to do his first gig in Iceland and the Northern light were out, first time I had seen them, and Bobby took it as a good omen for his first gig, he was very excited, because he was a bit nervous about the gig.

Back