sputtering busa

OB_greg0420

Registered
99 busa with full yosh pipe pc11 , it idles ok, hitting the throttle a couple times it sputters, hesitates, it only does that when the engine warms up, at start up ok when temp gauge is in the middle thats when the sputtering happens HELP

A couple of things to consider 1st is the header a race only, 2nd is the PCII mapped for the race only header. If not you can go to dynojet.com and get the appropriate mapp.

[This message has been edited by blade (edited 05 April 2000).]

sounds fat!but the dreaded cut out usually starts like this also.

[This message has been edited by THE MOTORHEAD (edited 05 April 2000).]

Mine does a similar thing. It seem to sputter a bit when transitioning the throttle from off to on when the bike is warm (worse in lower gears). My bike is stock aside from a Yosh Duplex (race can) and Yosh remapped stock box at +5 across the board. It ran luvly before the mod, so I doubt if my problem is clogged screens. I'm not ruling it out, I'm just going to check it last (which might be real soon). It there a detailed "screen check" procedure on the board? Is it difficult? It "feels" like a rich problem to me (dunno though). I am going to try 0,+5,+5 (low/mid/high) next. I have a PC2 on the way too. Let me know what you find out -- I'll do the same.

with pc2 unhooked still sputters when warm, tryed remapping pc2 its ok till it warms up is there a temp senser on engine? ill ck the fuel screens

Did you ever have any Yosh mapping done to the stock ECU? Mine did this when the slow speed setting was too rich. Blipping the throttle at idle would make it unhappy and the revs would drop to 750 or so before it cleared out (worse as it got warmer). As I understand it, the PC2 builds off the stock ECU signals, so it has to be zeroed. Mine is much better with the PC2. It idles and pulls cleanly away from a stop. There is still some work to be done in the 3500rpm range at small throttle openings. Its not bad, but its definitely a little flat (and wierd) through there. Looking at the Dynojet 004 map, they are tweaking a good deal in that range (rich, then quickly back lean). If there is just a flat spot in the pipe design (always tradeoffs), it'll never be perfect, but we can try to make it better. I'll probably try a few things this weekend. Overall, I'm fairly happy at this point. Wish I had a dyno and a gas analyzer though;-) Again, anyone out there fiddled with combination and gotten an improved map?

The only problems wid sputtering under 3000 rpm is when you shanges exhaust to a more open system
whid lover resistans.

Back