replace 1 rotor?

docjunior

Donating Member
Registered
As im not the brightest color in the box when it comes to mechanics, I figured id ask before either I spent more $$ then I needed to or before I did a oops move.

I downed my baby back in december and ended up bending the left rotor, it was hammered back straight and has held up as a temp fix till now, isnt engaging all the time and is squeaking all the time when braking.

so, if i replace the damaged one do i have to replace the good one? Not sure if that like throws off something

Thanks,
Mr. Mechanically declined :lol:

Last edited:
1st You need to access the good rotor and be completely sure it was not also damaged. Check for flatness (out of round and warped)
2nd check the thickness with a micrometer and see if the good one is worn and if it is on the low side of the tolerance then it may be best to replace them both so that you are not replacing one side at an odd intervals and they will wear evenly.
Just my 2 cents.
Always caution on the side of safety.
Bubba

The pistons adjust to the rotor's thickness (or the pads loosing their thickness) each time they are applied. If I had one good rotor I'd only need one more.

Back