Galfer Rotors warped??

Chromed-n-Stretched

Donating Member
Registered
race.gif
I bought a set of these galfer rotors and i couldnt have put more than about 50 miles on them when i changed to aftermarket rims. Now i have a ticking noise comming from the rotor touching the pad as im riding. Are these rotors prone to warping? or do you think someone messed up on the install of the new rim. the noise was never there before, it started right after the rim was put on. does galfer warranty their rotors at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

It sounds like the rotors arent seated properly on the aftermarket rims,I had a simlar problem on the rear on a RC components rim,I had to do some grinding on the hub to get a perfect fit.

I also have a set of EBC race only rotors,got the clicking on the fron of the RC's,I switched to the street version on the RC's and I'm currently running the race only's on a stock rim with NO noise.

Find your self a machine shop and have "them" turn down the hubs.

Just an idea. Check your caliper bolts to and make sure they are tightened to spec.

(Chromed-n-Stretched @ Apr. 04 2007,04:52) Thanks for the feedback. I cant do too much grinding, rims are chrome. i guess im stuck with the ticking of $600.00 rotors
sad.gif
Theres your problem,the chrome is throwing your fit off,its a very precise fit,a little off and you get that sound.

just a thought bro- call Galfer and make sure the pads on your calipers are accepted pads to use w/those Rotors...I've heard they will not cover wty. dmg if rotors are warped while using the wrong pads...and they can tell what you had on. worth a look-see, in any case-maybe they can steer you where to go to get the problem fixed.

good luck bro, ride safe
beerchug.gif

I agree with nitrousjunkie. The chrome may be throwing it off a little, especially if it's chroming done the the OEM wheels.

Back