Scotts Oil Filter

bigoltool

Registered
Has anyone used one of these on a Hayabusa? It is a Stainless Steel filter like the race car guys use. Should last forever! At $12 a pop for a K&N or stocker they add up quick. Says these will filter down to 35 microns! (A micron is one thousandth of a millimeter). Where is the best place to buy em? Kneedraggers has them for $108.
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details....79.html

okay so it filters down to 35 microns,what happens to you motor when the filter is stopped up at 35 microns thru out Boom motor blows up cause it's starved for oil....Amsoil says oil is good for 10k miles,run it for 5k miles and your bike blows up think amsoils gonna buy you a motor?
rock.gif
?

I'm running the good old Suzuki stock oil filters. Change the oil and filter every 2500-3000 miles and you will have no problems. The Scott filters seem a little risky to me. The race car drivers have thier cars broken down after each run if its drags and after 500 miles on the ovals, so its not a real good comparison.
Just my 02 cents

The Scotts filter is really a beautiful piece of engineering. I would love to have one just sitting on my desk as a conversation piece.

It's very well designed. I've never had problems with crap in the filter, but I like the idea of a reusable filter. I've also heard/read about the heat-sink characteristics of the filter since it's aluminum, but I would bet they're minimal.

Granted it will take quite a few oil changes before it pays for itself...

I work down the street from the place that (used to?) make the Oberg filters that the race car guys use. People that use them swear by them and they let you get a look at what is going on in your engine ususally before all hell breaks loose. I will probably be hitting Street&track up on this after Christmas. I gotta sell my old bike before I buy any more goodies for this one!

Back