Scott oil filter

GA_boi

Donating Member
Registered
I had a friend that showed me a Scotts oil filter today on ebay.  What are your suggestions about this?  Does anybody use one of these?  Its listed at $114.  It has a lifetime warranty on it.  Its said to filter down to 25 microns.  Just wash and rinse with dish washing soap or any kind of degreaser.  Opinions???  Thanks!!

Oh yeah the oil filter is stainless steel too, is that gonna add a bunch of weight? I tried to put a picture on here of it but I cant figure it out.

The amsiol is still a paper filter correct? It will need replacing periodically? That is the challenge of justifying 115 for an oil filter. If it filters better and I will never need another then it outweighs the price of it.

AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters have the best efficiency rating in the industry. EaO Filters provide a filtering efficiency in accordance with industry standard ISO 4548-12 of 98.7 percent at 15 microns, while competitive filters containing conventional cellulose medias range from 40 to 80 percent efficiency. Made with premium-grade full synthetic media. Ea Oil Filters feature advanced full synthetic nanofiber technology, making them the highest efficiency filters that are available for the auto/light truck market. AMSOIL EaO Filters are guaranteed for 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first, when used in conjunction with AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil in gasoline and diesel vehicles in normal service, 15,000 miles in severe service.

Buy the oil too! Big Diesel was going to be a dealer for them. Never heard anything else. Might be other members who sell Amsoil.

Run it in all bikes after 600 mile break in.
thumb_up.gif

r8

Now that you've said something I remember reading about Big Diesel selling some oil.

Go to Amsoil.com, click on preferred customer application. For twenty dollars a year, you buy Amsoil at cost "all by yourself"...then get an EAoM 109 filter, and buy some MCF while you're at it.....
coolold.gif

I have a Scott's oil filter on my YZ250F and its a nice setup. But on my Busa, the Amsoil filter goes on along with MCF.

The Scotts would be nice for drag racing, but NO WAY IN HELL is it a good idea for everyday street use.

Stick with stock. Excellent construction, good filter media, bypass/anti-drainback valve, and it WORKS.

Back