Zx14 1st recall? sorry if it's a repost

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
NHTSA recall No. 06V184000
2006 Kawasaki ZX14 2321 units recalled

On certain motorcycles, the bolts holding the vehicle-down sensor may come loose and allow the sensor to fall out of its mounting bracket. If this occurs, the engine MAY STOP RUNNING during vehicle operation, creating the potential for a crash that could reslut in inury or death.

The fix is simple, tighten the bolts to the correct torque.

I have not seen anything on the grease catch pan under the forman grill coming free and lodging in the driveline causing injury or death yet. Man that would really suck!

Seriously though could be worse, my Warrior had to have the motor removed and case split for the tranny recall.

"Doesn't sound bad but still a recall"

Are you serious? "If this occurs, the engine MAY STOP RUNNING during vehicle operation, creating the potential for a crash that could reslut in inury or death." Uhh, yeah, I consider injury or death to be bad.
wow.gif

"Doesn't sound bad but still a recall"

Are you serious? "If this occurs, the engine MAY STOP RUNNING during vehicle operation, creating the potential for a crash that could reslut in inury or death." Uhh, yeah, I consider injury or death to be bad.
wow.gif
It's simple business. They have to put "serious injury or death" in there to cover their arses....

But, hey... the busa also had a recall... so I've heard (from this board). The 13.5 is a new bike, so it's to be expected, and it's nothing new for this to happen.

Still... glad I got a busa in 06 and didn't even consider the 13.5 when I saw it!!!

Really, I don't think there has ever been a motorcycle first run that didn't have a recall
rock.gif
? Not a big deal, the ZX14 is a good bike, it's just not AS GOOD AS A BUSA
laugh.gif

I read about that a month or so back on one of their boards......just took a few minutes to remove the wind screen and tighten down two bolts.

Back