Yosh Slip-ons will not upgrade

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
Yo know what really pisses me off i bought the yoshimura Bolt ons back in october i didnt have th emoney for a full system back then. Now im back on track and my cahs flow is alot better. I figured id email them asking if there was a way for me to buy parts to make it the full system Headers etc and dont i feel like an idiot NOPE they tell me there full system is held together with springs thats stupid in my opinon they dont offer to seel the other parts i figured on paying the diffrence on what it was between the 2 to have full setup haha was i wrong. Kinda pisses me off they dont make something for it. Oh well what can yah do just had to vent because it pissed me off.

So now its like i spent 500 and some odd dollars on bolts ons that will really be worthless to me i know know i can sell them used but its the point i only bought them and put like 200 miles on them since october. There has got to be a way to get it to work i dont buy the whole springs blah blah ill friggin weld them lol..

Try and sell it, you can usually get close to what you paid for if it's in good shape.

I know what you mean, though, it sucks that you can do the exhaust piece by piece.

That is the exact reason almost everyone on this board recommends a full system unless you are only interested in looks and sound. Performance wise, slip-ons are a very poor expenditure for a busa.

yah ive come to realize this lol.. oh well time to start thinking about which direction im gonna go.

sell it on ebay! and then buy a full system. I did the opposite with mine, took the full syetem off, sold it, then bought bolt ons.

I liked it, but I love the look of the dual mufflers. I bought the bike with 80 miles and I wanted to trick it with my own mods not somebody elses. although I know it runs better with the full system.

The bad thing is Now my bike only has 150 miles so I couldn't even tell the difference between the two because, the bike is not even broken in yet. I hate having to wait to go over 500 miles before I can really get on it.

That is the exact reason almost everyone on this board recommends a full system unless you are only interested in looks and sound. Performance wise, slip-ons are a very poor expenditure for a busa.
I try to explain this to almost every new guy but they end up with post like this months later...Save your money till you can buy the full exhaust of choice or go with a muzzy full system best bang for the money..Business wise it's smart business the companies make you buy all parts to go from one to the other as people mod stuff so much to keep them from being liable and dealing with net bashing they make you start fresh.

Yo know what really pisses me off i bought the yoshimura Bolt ons back in october i didnt have th emoney for a full system back then. Now im back on track and my cahs flow is alot better. I figured id email them asking if there was a way for me to buy parts to make it the full system Headers etc and dont i feel like an idiot NOPE they tell me there full system is held together with springs thats stupid in my opinon they dont offer to seel the other parts i figured on paying the diffrence on what it was between the 2 to have full setup haha was i wrong. Kinda pisses me off they dont make something for it. Oh well what can yah do just had to vent because it pissed me off.

So now its like i spent 500 and some odd dollars on bolts ons that will really be worthless to me i know  know i can sell them used but its the point i only bought them and put like 200 miles on them since october. There has got to be a way to get it to work i dont buy the whole springs blah blah ill friggin weld them lol..
ebay them, buy new full system,problem solved. no point getting mad.

i know tour lol.. i was just venting .. lol.. i dont think im gonna do the full exhaust yet because i havent decided if im gonna turbo or not next winter. And it would be pointless if i decide too.

This is why I fabbed my own system. I think it turned out pretty good for my first fab. I could not afford to buy a full system but I'm soon gonna be buying one. So these might go up for sale. Not trying to jack your thread but I know how you feel.
beerchug.gif

DSC00819.JPG

I feel ya man, I put on D&D boltons last week and now I feel like I wasted my money, I just wish I had spent it on a full system.

I liked it, but I love the look of the dual mufflers. I bought the bike with 80 miles and I wanted to trick it with my own mods not somebody elses. although I know it runs better with the full system.

The bad thing is Now my bike only has 150 miles so I couldn't even tell the difference between the two because, the bike is not even broken in yet. I hate having to wait to go over 500 miles before I can really get on it.
Who said you have to wait to go over 500 miles to get on it?

Ride it like you stole it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I had this same dilema last year. What you need to do is wait until someone is selling just the headers from an aftermarket system, usually from a crash or something. Once you have the headers, you just need to fab up a mid pipe. For that, I cut the stock midpipe and ground down the end where it connects to the muffler. I welded a new piece of tubing on there, and my mid pipe slips through. Now I have a full dual system that can run ANY aftermarket cans I want.
beerchug.gif

newpipe1.jpg

flanges.jpg

ltside.jpg

Back