Best deal on Yosh Carbon slip-on's ?

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
I want to get my bike switched around to the way i want it for the next modified engine incarnation . Two of the muffler styles/brands i wanted are no longer available for the Gen 1 - so -

Can anyone tell me where the best deal on Yoshimura RS3 oval carbon dual bolt-on mufflers can be found? I saw some prices when googling and didn't like them. 800 bucks won't work. They were aprox 1/2 that a few years back.

Wasn't there a Yosh pipe/muffler closeout topic 4-6 weeks ago? Please help the non googler out :D

I want to get my bike switched around to the way i want it for the next modified engine incarnation . Two of the muffler styles/brands i wanted are no longer available for the Gen 1 - so -

Can anyone tell me where the best deal on Yoshimura RS3 oval carbon dual bolt-on mufflers can be found? I saw some prices when googling and didn't like them. 800 bucks won't work. They were aprox 1/2 that a few years back.

Wasn't there a Yosh pipe/muffler closeout topic 4-6 weeks ago? Please help the non googler out :D

The Yoshi closeout you're asking about didn't have those mufflers, and what they did have sold out.

It wasn't the BMC airfilter deal or even from Yosh USA- I just can't recall where i saw it but the first style Gen 1 full exhaust in SS was like - 450 bucks.

It wasn't the BMC airfilter deal or even from Yosh USA- I just can't recall where i saw it but the first style Gen 1 full exhaust in SS was like - 450 bucks.

That's the same post, there were 2 gen2 exhausts on it too. I saw a set of what you want on ebay last month for $200. I see quite a few exhausts being bought/sold/traded among my friends. I'll pm you if I find those, I know which ones you want.:beerchug:

Thanks for watching out. I need the Gen1 Yoshimura RS3 oval carbon bolt on's - used would be great but need to be nice and not shortened or modded.

:beerchug:

Patience will pay off, if you watch flebay, and also craigslist, there is a site which checks every city on craigslist with your keywords I think its called tempest. It searches all craigslist us cities. I find a lot of people with the Yosh slip ons use them for awhile and sell em either for a full system or a more sounding pipe. Kinda like a 600cc good starter but most get tired of it after a year or so. I personally wouldnt pay no more then 250 for a pair of slip ons cause they are out there and taking up space in someones garage like stock mufflers. Why not just cut your stock pipes down 10"s that will give you a deeper good sounding exhaust and IMO a better look. And put that money towards some other go fast stuff.

Yosh bolt-ons cost pretty close to the same as their full systems. A full system will give you a HUGE weight savings and make the bike feel WAY lighter riding it, plus you'll get a BIG sotp improvement in acceleration. And a full system isn't hard at all to install, plus it will prep your bike for any internal engine mods you chose to do down the road. Look for sales, lots of them going on right now. You will need a pc (also great sales around) and some of the guys will include a map that will work fine for you unless you're picky :laugh: For most guys (like me lol) bolt-ons are just a wasted step to a full system.

craigslist, there is a site which checks every city on craigslist with your keywords I think its called tempest.

I found that site so many thanks for the tip. Now i can find now find expansion chambers and other two-stroke trinkets that i really don't need be spending money on :beerchug:

Bell,

I PM'd you last go round when you posted an actual topic asking if that was a good deal- i wanted those mufflers then and there but stayed away cause i didn't want to buy them out from under you. Never got a reply .

I'm going to make those mine - anyone reading- please don't buy them :beerchug:

I pm'ed you, if you want me to go pick them up and ship them to you let me know.

Bump- that didn't work out - seems they got sold .

I'm using Tempest < thanks again for the tip > and have others on the Ebay look. Anyone willing to keep an eye out i would appreciate it. There's about gotta be a nice set laying around or someone wanting a full pipe.

Please send PM on any potential leads though !

Back