Yosh bolt-on or slip-on?

L4G4RT0

Registered
Hi there,

Small crash = big spent of money : it's a formula for motorcycles

So, I need to buy a pair of exhausts to my Busa, and people tell me that Yoshimura is a great fitment for it. I'm in Europe, so you can imagine that things like HMF don't exist so often here.

Does Yoshimura have a slip-on for the Busa? What's the difference of price between a bolt-on and a slip-on?

I'm only thinking about the possibility of a slip-on because the exhaust pipe of 2001 model is black, but i prefer the silver look and the slip-on has that look, but don't know if it fits, if it's worth the difference and so on.

In Portugal, the price for a pair of RS3 Titanium is $1164 (which is highly expensive as you can see). Of course I can search for some promotions around and might get the pair for for $900, which i think is still expensive when looking to your prices there
sad.gif

Of course Yosh makes a set of slip-ons to fit the 'Busa. In fact, I have a set of Yosh RS3 Stainless that I will be ready to get rid of by the end of the week. Don't know what the shipping is to Portugal, but I would let you have them for much less than the $900. PM me if you are interested.

bought my brand new in the box rs-3 race baffle cans for $440 delivered to my door off e-bay....I would go with full system if laws allow, not that much more $. You can always buy stock cans on e-bay, usually for under $60 a pair. Or wait for a month and my yoshies will be on the market when I get my BDE Gen 3 system....

they call them slip ons but they are bolt ons same same.
That is just like people calling all watercraft Jetskis instead of personal watercraft

I guess shipping to portugal must be too expensive... but anyway I'll think about that. Really expensive here. A FULL system is even more expensive, costs about more $500 than the bolt-ons
sad.gif

I was questioning about "bolt" vs "slip" because on the Yosh site they show both. The "bolt" is just the can, but the "slip" has a section of the exhaust, which would add a better look to my 2001 Busa, because it has a black exhaust and I'd prefer a silver/chrome one...

Anyway i'll be back to ask you for help again soon, 'cause shipping them to here might be a good idea. I will look for information on the airport about taxes and stuff...

it's a #### thing we have an ocean in the middle... if there wasn't that ocean we would be neighbours!!!

<!--EDIT|L4G4RT0
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095469781 -->

Hi again...

This subject is letting me sleepless ;)

As I told you a pair of Yosh Titanium canisters costs about $1100... I was told on the same Suzuki dealer that a pair of original canisters would cost me about $1730... and you are telling me that on eBay I can buy one for $60 ?!?!? Have to see that to believe!!

Plus, I saw this info on eBay "One pair of RS-3 oval lightweight titanium canisters with race baffles. Retails for $795.00."... which is far more expensive than what you've told me. of course there are some auctions there, and the prices are considerabely lower. Are the products on these auctions new? Is it safe to buy on eBay? Well, anyway I'd prefer to make a deal with one of you guys but buying a 2nd hand pipe is not the same as buying a new one, since I don't know if it's in good shape or not...
down.gif

What do you think about this situation?

I have bought many things off eBay before. Most of the time I have been satisfied with the transaction and product, but on a few feel like I got cheated (thankfully not expensive items). I have seen auctions for things go way below what they were really worth and some that went way above what they were worth. Just depends on who is bidding and the desire to have the item. You do have to watch out for scammers, but they get pretty easy to spot. If you have questions about the auction ask the seller some questions to make yourself feel comfortable. There is nothing that says that you have to place a bid on an item. Only do it if you feel good about the item or the price.

You can also find deals on used and new items (OEM and aftermarket) off this site and many others. I agree with your comfort level with the site because I don't believe anyone here would be out to take advantage with a fellow 'Busa owner. You also have your reputation at stake when putting out information or trying to sell items. If you treat someone poorly the word will spread very quickly.

Also remember that we are your friends and here to help. If you have a question feel free to bring it up and someone will answer for you.

Thanks
smile.gif
that's what I think: people here wouldn't cheat me. It would be awful for a Busa owner to cheat another, and anyway, it's easier to deal if we feel a bit more trust. Of course I'd pay when the cans arrive, but I don't know if there's a way to check if it's in good shape before paying
sad.gif
It's always kinda risky...

I've found this dealer on eBay: JCMotors. It's a 4 year member of eBay and look serious stuff. They have a pair of RS-3 muffler in Titanium for the Busa and the starting bid is $500. Pretty nice for new mufflers, right? Anyway, I made a simulation on UPS about the costs of delivery in Portugal and it would cost me $253!!! Damn!
sad.gif
I don't know the weight or dimensions of the pair of mufflers, but I exagerated a bit so, it can cost me a lil' lower... Plus, I don't know the amount of taxes I'd pay... i'll have to check on that too.
rock.gif

About slip ons and bolt ons, the difference on Yosh site is:

The upper is a bolt-on and the other is a slip-on. The slip-on has the look of a full system... and it looks great to replace the black exhausts mine has... but don't know it they fit the busa.

<!--EDIT|L4G4RT0
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095531807 -->

bolton.jpg

sad.gif

I have dealt with JCMotors before and had good success. I just bought a set of Micron cans and the shipping weight was about 14 lbs. if that helps. Don't know the dimensions of the box, but that should help a little. Check the Yosh site for the mufflers you are looking for and that will help you determine if the bid is a good price.

I guess shipping to Portugal is expensive, but I still want to check it out.
Anyway, I still look for cans, and people here have told me two alternatives to the Yosh, which are very expensive around here (final price for a pair of RS3 Titanium was around $1068
sad.gif

Some people told me to buy MICRON, which look really nice, but I don't have prices... and I went to my local Suzuki dealer and he had a really nice set of ART cans for $720... I went to the site, http://www.artexhausts.com/art_uk.htm and got really interested on those cans (pro race titanium). Can you tell me anything about both MICRON and ART?

Thank you guys for your patience... i really want to be careful with this deal since I don't have much money to spend on the busa right now and i don't want to make the wrong choice...

I like the Microns. Just bought a used set off eBay. Go here for further information about them <a href="http://www.micronexhaust.com">Micron Exhaust<a>.

Back