Yep.  Don't borrow anything, ever!

Mikey D

Registered
I borrowed a buddies compound miter saw. It is a cheepie but worked well for doing the trim & mouldings in my new addition. He had left it outside so it wasn't pristine anymore.

To make a long story into a medium length one...

My son trips over the cord and it come crashing down.

Luckly he didn't get hurt but the saw did.

Cracked the handle and broke a mounting boss + broke a mounting boss on the extention track.
mad.gif

Guess I just bought a old saw for the price of a new one.
cussing.gif

Moral of the story...

"Don't borrow nuttin, EVER!"

I'm trying to fix it so I can use it but I'm gonna get him a new one.

Can't be returning broke shid!

Anyone know what the best glue to use on this stuff is?

I'm trying ABS cement but I don't think it's biting into the plastic. If this dosen't work I'm gonna try the ABS/PVC combo cement (the green stuff) I don't think epoxy is gonna work. I wish I knew what type of plastic it is.

IM001046.JPG

JB WELD has worked for me in the past. You should be able to get it at Home Depot/Lowes type stores and it will glue anything. They say it will actually repair an engine block in a pinch......

http://www.jbweld.net/

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087787135 -->

Thanks Krieg!

Actually I left the ABS cement clamped overnight and it seemed to do the trick.

My bud was way cool about it. He told me he had dropped the saw previously and as long as it is functional (and it is) not to buy him another.

I still feel bad bout it tho.

sad.gif

I borrowed a $30 camera from a buddy that I gave him as a gift a few months earlier. It fell in the ocean, so I replaced it with another without telling him. He knew it wasn't the same camera.
wow.gif

They make a plastic adhesive that comes in two parts like epoxy. It is usually in the same rack as the epoxy at the parts stores.

Back