Would this work on a Busa?

Several things bother me about this product.  First, the verbage where it says, "800 amps."  NO WAY!  800 volts perhaps, but not 800 amps!  That's about 5 to 10 times more current than a typical arc welder!  Hell, a lightning bolt only has between 30 and 300 amps!  There's no way a standard spark plug could handle 800 amps of current.  It would melt the electrode away immediately.  

In order to actually "amplify" this gadget would require some outside source of power (besides the existing energy from the coil).  No matter how you cut it, voltage x current = watts.  Assuming you only have a certain wattage limitation from your coil (and you do), increasing the current would mean the voltage would be reduced, equalling the same power (watts).

Finally, what about pre-ignition?  Assuming this gadget really does make a massive spark, the duration of that spark would most certainly be longer than the stock spark.  This would more than likely overheat the cylinder head and cause pre-ignition - eventually resulting in holes burnt into the top of the pistons.

My suggestion is to classify and store this gadget right beside the "Tornado."   You know... the gadget you put in-line with your car's air cleaner which is suppose to "spin the air" to produce better gas mileage?!
biggrin.gif

What FJRider said.

Also, look here: Spark Plug Tutorial

As with any system, if you make a change to only ONE component, you ignore its effect on other components.  Kinda why ecologists are worried about thinkgs like global warming.  Another subject for another time and place.

It's why I haven't put a supercharger on the Camaro.  It stresses the drive train, the frame, the heads, the pistons, the shocks, the brakes, etc. etc.  Getting the performance you want by replacing or enhancing a component of the engine requires that you first shore up the superstructure of everything else that has to support it.

Otherwise, you could find yourself with a theoretically fast pile of scrap metal on your hands!

There's more "science" to such things than simply plugging in a little device like this.

--Wag--

Just from an engineering background, they could be a transformer. They could increase the amperage or the voltage, but I doubt that much. Heck it the same thing as the transformers that are outside your house. Just the ones for your house are step down transformers and these are step-up. I bet it increases the voltage that much which in turn increases the amperage. But I also agree with the preignition aspect. I would like to see more data over an extended period of time.

On their website it says, "Can a simple capacitor on top of a spark plug make usable horsepower?" It also says 500 amps peak current.

Back