woo hoo...just turned 10K miles on her!

Shindo97

Registered
I use to be a mile nazzi in my car...i never wanted to put miles on anything. When i got the Busa i jsut didnt care.

I have had her for about 8 months now, and have logged on 10K miles. All types...som from short here to there, and others are 300 mile long cruises with friends.

It does trip me out how some of my friends have eralier year Busas with less miles...

whats considered a high mile bike?

if you check kbb they have a chart of what kind of mileage they expect to be on a bike. its like 10k a year or something so you need to get riding

I've seen busas with more than 60,000miles on 2002s. But I'm sure there's higher ones than that.

Just consider it as if it were a car. Normal mileage on a car is around 15K per year. As long as it's maintained well, then there's nothin to worry about.
cool.gif

I had a 1999 H-D Heritage Softail Classic that I traded in on my Electra Glide. They told me it was high mileage at 16K, and I asked them if I wasn't supposed to ride it. I bought it to ride, and that's what I did.
tounge.gif

Wow, that's a lot of riding! Just make sure to do the proper maintenance and she'll hold up for you!

congrats! I'm at 9500 as of today. Had her for a little over a year.

heh...these replies made me feel good. Only for a split second did i think "wow, maybe i should park her up for a litte"......wait a minute.....WTF......Why would i do that to her? Just leave her to sit in the garage.

she is maintained well....oil every 2500-3000. Did the 400 mile service when new, then the 8000K mile service.

I am about to do all new Plugs, Air Filter, Tighten all bolts, check break pads, Check quality of all fluids.

Any other things i should look out for? What does the owners manual say? I lost mine....i need to find it....

I need to put some miles on...the weather is a real drag in NE. A lot of miles = a lot of experience on the bike. I think it's cool.

Scott

Shindo.

As long as you keep her well oiled, she should'nt be a problem... you bike should be OK too....

Done 11,000 miles on my 2002'

Congrats there. I just rolled 20,000 on mine last week. It's at 20,200 now. It had 3,900 back on July 27th when I got it. Let's see, that's 16,300 miles in 9.5 months. Not too bad.

Carl

Back