Won this on a raffle

BusaSamurai

There Can Be Only One INSTIGATOR * * * *
Donating Member
Registered
Power Mac G5 Minitower
Dual PowerPC G5 2.3GHz Processors, 512MB RAM, 250GB Hard Drive, 16X DVD+/-R SuperDrive, Mac OS X Tiger v10.4

Manufacturer: Apple    

Mfg Part #: M9748LL/A

Product Number: 320295

$1,699.98

Professionals need superior tools to produce designs, music, high-definition video or the next scientific breakthrough. The Power Mac G5 line extends as far as you require. Two 64-bit G5 processors reaching a top speeds of 2.3GHz, room for up to 8GB of main memory, pro performance graphics cards and ultrahigh-bandwidth system architecture will give you more results than systems costing twice as much. Dual processing starts at an affordable price.

Supersonic Speed
The Power Mac G5 offers the 2.3GHz dual-processor model with a speed boost near the top of the line. In fact, for most creative endeavors, the Power Mac G5 simply has no competition in its class.

A 64-bit OS for Your 64-bit Machine
Every Power Mac G5 comes with Tiger, the latest release of Mac OS X. Search your entire Power Mac in a single click with Spotlight, access up-to-the-second information with Dashboard and run all of your software faster. With its 64-bit features, Tiger also provides access to as much physical memory as you can install in your PowerMac G5. Even 32-bit applications benefit from the system’s ability to access large amounts of RAM: The system can manipulate data in multiple applications entirely in RAM for maximum performance.

This model features one optical drive:
a DL DVD+/-RW SuperDrive
Create a Dual Layer DVD+R at a maximum 4X Write speed
Create a DVD-R at a maximum 16X Write speed
Play a DVD at a maximum 16X Read speed
Create a CD-Rom at a maximum 24X Write speed
Create a CD-RW at a maximum 24X Rewrite speed
Play a CD-Rom at a maximum 32X Read speed

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147547929 -->

Trade you a piece of crap emachines computer.
tounge.gif

Can anyone tell me if I can piggy back it with my Sony Vaio where i can use both..

wut chu mean "piggy back it"? hook it to your router or sumpin?
where i can use both in tandem . I know you are not supposed to be able to cross a windows based with mac based but there has to be a way to cheat..
there's Virtual PC on a MAC:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/virtualpc/virtualpc.aspx

open MAC files on a PC:
http://www.dataviz.com/products/macopener/

and many other programs for that out there. If your email is all web based, you can use either/or while online. both should hook to the net just fine. anything specific you'd want to do with both or between them?

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147621291 -->

wut chu mean "piggy back it"?  hook it to your router or sumpin?
where i can use both in tandem . I know you are not supposed to be able to cross a windows based with mac based but there has to be a way to cheat..
there's Virtual PC on a MAC:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/virtualpc/virtualpc.aspx

open MAC files on a PC:
http://www.dataviz.com/products/macopener/

and many other programs for that out there.  If your email is all web based, you can use either/or while online.  both should hook to the net just fine.  anything specific you'd want to do with both or between them?
I want to use mac as a dvd burner ,pictures,storage . and use sonyvaio as web browsing. I want to be able to browse with vaio and pull files from make if i want to post pictures or songs . Mainly as a storage hub it has plenty of storage space and the more I can get off the vaio the faster it should move right??

Can anyone tell me if I can piggy back it with my Sony Vaio where i can use both..
There are emulators that allow you to install Windows on a Mac... but you won't achieve a perfect and stable machine running Windows with a Mac processor.

You could leave the Mac the way it is, put in on a wireless network in your house. Only a few routers will allow the Mac to be recognized... Linksys primarily. Then you could use it for storage. That is a major waste of the machine, though.

I have a brand new Mirra storage device. It's basically a hardrive that connects to your network and allows any computer in your house to use it as storage. And you can access all the stored photos etc from any internet connection wherever you are. I've never used it because I haven't had a need yet. If you'd like to trade let me know. Here's the link to Mirra. PM me if you're interested.

That is a nice video editing machine. But if you're not a Mac person, you'll hate everything about it.

<!--EDIT|BigGeorge
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147625647 -->

There are emulators that allow you to install Windows on a Mac... but you won't achieve a perfect and stable machine running Windows with a Mac processor.

You could leave the Mac the way it is, put in on a wireless network in your house. Only a few routers will allow the Mac to be recognized... Linksys primarily. Then you could use it for storage. That is a major waste of the machine, though.

I have a brand new Mirra storage device. It's basically a hardrive that connects to your network and allows any computer in your house to use it as storage. And you can access all the stored photos etc from any internet connection wherever you are. I've never used it because I haven't had a need yet. If you'd like to trade let me know. Here's the link to Mirra. PM me if you're interested.

That is a nice video editing machine. But if you're not a Mac person, you'll hate everything about it.

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147627419 -->

Back