Windsheild question....

hayabusa36

My Busa And I. Till Death Do Us Part.
Registered
Can anyone tell me if changing my windsheild to like a zero gravity bubble

sheild will effect top speed?

Well I had hit 196mph and plained on going faster ( over 200 mph ) was just woundering by changing the sheild, if that will slow me down.

Depends how big you are and how effective you are at getting under the air flow. Some people have gone faster with a double bubble and some haven't. Your best bet is to try it and see what it does. I'll be taking one with me to the Texas Mile to test on the Gen-II also....

Not much to add.... unless someone has the data.
I would be inclined to think the stock screen was designed for the least drag.
The best way to know is by testing in a wind tunnel. Who has access to one of those? Suzuki did when they designed the thing.
The other problem as mentioned is the rider.
The rider is a big part of the air drag factor.
The rider can induce instability depending on his/her profile.
Wind temp, speed, direction, altitude etc. on any given time and place are all things effecting top speed.
A top speed obtained by one rider may or may not be obtainable by another rider on the same Busa.
A definitive answer will be almost impossible to find.

Those speeds are very risky.
Good luck.

You should be fine as long as it is not the higer profile DB. You will not get much more out of the stock bike. I assume the 196mph was on the speedo which is about 185mph actual.

Just wanted to state, My busa is not stock and I have speed hut 220mph speedo along with a yellow speedo healer. It has been dyno tuned and the speed calibraded. Im not saying its perfect, but its close. Mabye give or take 5mph. I do plain on hitting over 200mph before I hit 45 years old ( lol ) so I hope the windsheild I have puchased will not interfear with my goal.:beerchug: Thanks for the input.

If you're an average or small gut stick with the stocker.
If you're a bigger guy with a lowered or cut tank stick with the stocker.
If you're a bigger guy with a stock tank go dubble bubble.
You want as little frontal area as possible.
I made a tank and took lots of pictures in tuck with both windscreens and tanks.

DSCF1334.jpg

We left the stocker

Back