Why are my plugs all different colours?

Your best solution here to to go to Dyno shop and have the shop sniff the bike, to see if you are running rich!

Now the way you have the plug in your hand, is the the way they came out, 1 thru 4?

If it is, the 2 middle ones will run richer than cylinders 1 and 4!

Your best solution here to to go to Dyno shop and have the shop sniff the bike, to see if you are running rich!

Now the way you have the plug in your hand, is the the way they came out, 1 thru 4?

If it is, the 2 middle ones will run richer than cylinders 1 and 4!

Yes, the plugs in my hand are in the same orientation as the bike in the background.

Just did a compression test.

Starting from left to right according to the picture:
207PSI
205PSI
190PSI
200PSI

Then back to my first recommendation, needs to be sniffed on a dyno, i true think that the bike is just really rich!
But i have a Dyno, at my buddies shop for my use all the time!
Yes, the plugs in my hand are in the same orientation as the bike in the background.

Then back to my first recommendation, needs to be sniffed on a dyno, i true think that the bike is just really rich!
But i have a Dyno, at my buddies shop for my use all the time!

Haha, always handy to have!

Its definately running rich across the board. No doubt. Im just worried about the 1 plug being blacker than the rest. Im also worried that as the months went on the smell and milage has got worse.

Needs to be tuned!
As far as the compression, that could just be carbon build up on the valves,
witch will change back and forth!

Needs to be tuned!
As far as the compression, that could just be carbon build up on the valves,
witch will change back and forth!

Its actually booked in for a PC V in the next few weeks but wanted to sort out this problem first.

It definately has a problem if the richness is getting worse over time. Tuning would be a waste of time until its fixed. The tune will just go out of whack again.

If you are getting too much fuel and running rich these could be the problems

throttle position sensor may need to be adjusted especially after the TBs are synced
Fuel pressure regulator may be stuck ( rusted or trash inside)
Bad coolany temp sensor

If you are getting too much fuel and running rich these could be the problems

throttle position sensor may need to be adjusted especially after the TBs are synced
Fuel pressure regulator may be stuck ( rusted or trash inside)
Bad coolany temp sensor

I checked the TPS.

Im going to check fuel pressure today.

If the CTS was bad the FI light would come on wouldnt it?

I checked the TPS.

Im going to check fuel pressure today.

If the CTS was bad the FI light would come on wouldnt it?

Yes that is correct but I pulled one years ago that was very corroded and never sent a code, you should also look at getting the same size velocity stacks, even on a stock Busa the exhaust temps are varied between 1-4 and 2-3 when running stock stacks

Back