Whose from Tacoma, WA area?

Wooohoooo!!! I just got the confirmation. :cheerleader::cheerleader:

So yeah, for sure I'm moving there. Join date is 18th. Current contract is for 6months with possibility of extension. So now time to talk to Penske, Bunch of rental places for short term apartment lease and what not. Oh, also time to buy stacks of Red Bull for the road. :D

@Flybybusa: Wow, that looks like great weather. :please::please: let the weather stay like that for a long time.

5 hour ,,,, waaaaay better than all of the energy drinks.
icon6.gif

5-hour-energy-drink.jpg

lol..i then will need a full carton of those. :) I have leave from here 15th night and join work there on 18th morning. God give me strength for this insane drive. :bowdown: ::please::

Don't crush yourself, my friend. No employer would want you to push yourself to the point of imminent danger or possibly death. Pace yourself, listen to your body when it asks for sleep.

Getthereitis can be a killer!

A rest area curled up with a sleeping bag for a half hour across the bench seat, some coffee and some fresh air is better than becoming a statistic.
icon6.gif

Last edited:
I hear you buddy. You are right, I'm surely gonna get some sleep on my way. I mean I HAVE TO. But will try to keep it minimum. Looked at the apartments from the link you sent me. Couple of them are good, but I'm a little apprehensive signing lease without even seeing it first. So I might get a booking in extended stay and look around for a day or two before finalizing.

so I rented the 16' truck from Penske...including everything its coming for ~$2100. It's gasoline based, not diesel. Now packing time.

tumwater is close to everything; Olympia, Lacey, Dupont. Look around a little if you want an appartment. I live in SE Lacey and can be in tumwater in 5 minutes. Before I bought my house, I lived in some older townhoused not too far from Tumwater. Actually working in Tumwater and living somewhere else may be better. Lacey is much nicer. Look online at the Village at Nisqually Appartments and townhouses. Nothing real fancy, but you if you get a town house, you get a garage, and your own desginated parking spot next to it and enclosed patio.

Oh, and since the housing market crash, there is an abundace of houses for rent. Just depends on your situation; kids etc. Horizon Pointe in SE lacey has more houses to rent than I can count. New subdivision

Thanks for the info man. But I'm not looking into house to rent or something. I'm single. I'm more looking into a nice apartment with a nice surrounding. My budget also not too high. Plus I'm looking for short term lease, as I work as a contractor and I might have to move someday again. I saw couple of apartments and talked to them. But I really dont wanna sign any lease without first seeing it with my own eyes. Online everything looks pretty. I'm gonna book a room in extended stay for couple of days as I look around for a place to stay. Once I find an apartment, then I have to find/hire someone to unload stuffs from my truck and put in my apartment. So too many things to take care of. Man, I hate moving.

Back