Who's got the scoop on air ride??

SpeedAdict

Gabe
Donating Member
Registered
So guys you all need to help me out. As some of you know my baby busa was hit by a red light runner. Well now I find myself in the position that I could possibly be able to afford a air ride suspension. Just wondering how it handels in twisties as I plan on visiting the gap as much as possible. I am also moving back to the northeast, which has it's own share of curves and turns. If anyone can give the striaght poop on the subject I would appreciate. Positive and negative responses are both encouraged and appreciated. Thanks guys.l

I'd like to know that also . I've been looking at the kits .
rock.gif

I can't say much other than, the el cheapo (relatively) versions offer a horrible ride because they don't have any shock absorption in them, they are merely air springs.

I have heard companies are developing a dual type system that has an air spring along with a shock absorber. That would be the way to go! Problem is this is a several hundred dollar upgrade, like a grand.

I'd love to have this setup to ride low, then when you get a passenger you could pump it up a little when they get on.

hmmm, im in on this as well. Just wondering tho, would like to know as well. But while I wait, any1 need any
lurk.gif
beerchug.gif

The primary system that I have seen is around the 800 dollar mark. It offers a great ride, but I wonder about the "bouncyness" off the shock it's self. How that would rebound around tight turns as it compresses deep into the shock. Will the soft rebound travel cause traction issues in the rear wheel. If it does effect rear wheel stability could it be improved through lowering the front forks an inch or so. But if anyone is runnig a system in the turns and says it doesn't matter to much than I would love to here about your riding. Idealy I would love a avid track day rider tell me about a bike the rode on the track and how it performned compared to regular shocks. Like you said they are pricy systems I realy do not want to make the investment then be unhappy with it. For some reason I don't think I am going to find a regular track guy with air ride on there bike so I will take any criticism of an air ride suspension. Thanks again guys.

lurk.gif
No expert opinion, but I've always been told great for show. Pull up and slam it to the ground, however forget the twisties.

Back