Who would like to see a Dyno at the Bash?

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
I work for a bike shop, part time, and it may be possible that we haul the dyno down to the Gap!
I've mentioned this to Vman1300, and he can look into this as a possibility, to have at the Crossroads!

So with that said, what does everyone think??
Please post up you opinions!
lurk.gif

Yea I would like to Dyno run the Bike, but at Crossroads is it open to all bikes or just Hayabusa.org guys, How much is the charge for the Dyno runs.
Jon(Loomis).

There is a local guy here that has one of his dyno's in a big package truck that is planning to go to tracks to do some runs... If GixxerHP's option doesn't work out and if there is enough interest, I will ask Charlie at http://www.hfd1motorsports.com to see if he would be interested, at a discounted prices....

Also, don't forget Wheeler is right there as well.

There is a local guy here that has one of his dyno's in a big package truck that is planning to go to tracks to do some runs... If GixxerHP's option doesn't work out and if there is enough interest, I will ask Charlie at http://www.hfd1motorsports.com to see if he would be interested, at a discounted prices....

Also, don't forget Wheeler is right there as well.
Vman has to look into this possiblity first, but Wheeler is not at the crossroads!

Wheeler is not all that easy to get into for the short time we are there, I think Chris had to burn half a day to get his bike run... some idea of rates would be nice...

It is going to cost me $250 to get a map done at schnitz racing (about 20 minutes from home) not much point in getting another one done a couple weeks later.. going to have to be one or the other for me..

Wheeler uses the computer mapping. I know that is not the best option. I would let Schnitz or Smithers or johnny Cheese do it first. Nothing against Wheeler, just that these guys have a rep for quality mapping.

I was going to mention that Wheeler had one in the Spring. Wheeler does take good care of us guys. Plenty of freebies on the table outside for everyone to use.

John, what does the cost look like and you know a hundred Busas were up there last Spring.

I dont think Chris had a full map done. hopefully he will post up. i do know Wheeler got almot 10 horses more on Chris bike though. I would sync the throttle bodies and T.P. sensor then tune bike prior to dyno for best results. I will be doing all of the above in the spring and visiting with Smithers for mine.

i dont think the idea is for them to make maps, the idea is just to get your bike on the dyno and see what it does and maybe get some ideas on a map from someone other than the people or you that tune your bike regularly, opinions are always good, maybe they will help you squeak out another hp or 2 and some tq

and to just throw it on the dyno and run it you should be able to do 1 every 20 minutes if you are allowing the dyno drum to cool off

Why have a Dyno at the Bash is it just about bragging rights I thought going to the dragon ment getting in some good seat time not dynoing your bike. The reason I ask is because we all know what the bike is capable of doing. Or is it that some just want base numbers before they start modding the Bike. If it is about bragging rights then allot of folks are going to get their feeling hurt when the first Turbo gets on the Dyno because most of those fella's are pushing upwards of 300HP to the rear. If it is about getting base numbers then remember the dyno is going to read different there than some were else as this has been discussed many times before. Sorry guys just my 2 cents

the whole idea of the busa bash is to unite all of us .org members together in one common place. once you arrive at the gap, you are on your own time and can do whatever you wish. i think a dyno would be fun... would def be something different...

alot of people will ride from sun up to sundown while others will ride for a bit and hang out to cool off or rest their bodies... while resting at the crossroads what difference does it make if ya throw ur bike up on the dyno?? its obviously personal choice and i think the dyno wold be a huge success....

That's a fine idea Bubba !!!!

I'll be at the Gap all week preceeding the weekend of the Bash so count me in this year.

Ummm... You you gonna mount your bike on the DYNO and pull it down that way and will your Tundra pull that thing...??? Tom and the FORD? or am I taking both the bikes?

Back