Which Tank Bag Joe Rocket Manta XL, Hammerhead, or Recon 19

Boyer

Registered
I would like to buy a magnetic tank bag for day cruises ( ie hold my cell phone, and other odds and ends) or pack things I buy at area events. Any suggestions regarding these bags. If anyone has any of these please give me your opinion. Thanks

I have the smaller Joe Rocket Manta tank bag for most daily rides, it's really suprising just how much you can fit into this little bag. For longer rides, packing a bit more or peeling layers as the weather changes I'll use the Coretech Super 10. Very happy with both bags.

237.jpg

385.jpg

So the Joe Rocket Manta XL is the first picture. It looks great. Is it durable (good quality construction?) Can you use it like a backpack? Have you seen the Hammerhead. Would that be one you would have considered?

So the Joe Rocket Manta XL is the first picture. It looks great. Is it durable (good quality construction?) Can you use it like a backpack? Have you seen the Hammerhead. Would that be one you would have considered?

The first pic is the regular Manta not the XL. I would recommend that you go to some retailers/dealerships so that you can see some of them in person.

Go with the Manta IMO. I use it mainly for commuting and the shorter day rides. Its not to big to be intrusive on the bike and if you really need more room then get a tail bag also.

Just bought the manta XL and found it very handy for all you have mentioned

Wallet, cell, camera, even a Spare visor for your helmet.

Very happy with mine.

I have the manta xl and LOVE it, I always carry my extra visor, phone, phone charger cord, wallet, hat. with that I can still fit my jacket liner and water.

the construction is top notch, and have had zero issues. as with any magnetic bag, make sure you clean off any magnetic rocks prior to putting it on the tank.

Last edited:
I have the manta XL and am very happy with it, has held everything I have needed and still room for more. Great product for the price. I searched around for a while and got mine for a killer price.
Posted via Mobile Device

For long trips I use soft saddle bags but allmost every ride I use a small Manta. I tried the larger Joe Rocket tank bag but it was in way, couldnt tuck in and didnt like it in the twisties either... the small Manta for me is perfect, holds camera, wallet, maps, cel phone, glasses, tooth brush... and doesnt interfere with my view or riding. :thumbsup:

Epic trip 3 024b.jpg

CM_76171b.jpg

Last edited:
Back