Which Rear Sproket????

STEEL, JT Sprocket 43tooth is the way to go. but I guess if you dont want all the low end then stick with stock, but I would use steel(It will last longer).
A good steel sprocket will last up to 3 times longer than aluminum. Me and the group I ride with have had way too many shagged, sheared, dangerous teeth throwing aluminums of all brands...won't do aluminum again :laugh: And after eating teeth at high speeds I won't follow anybody running one on a high hp bike either :banghead: Plus steel takes stunting/throttle/clutch/general hard abuse WAY better than aluminum. Aluminums good for the cool factor or 1 sprocket per race deal though ;)

I have the Vortex PTFE hardcoated sprocket and haven't had any issues yet...of course, I'm waiting until the spring to take the bike to get the sprocket installed with my 530zzz chain and new swingarm, so...:laugh:

Last edited:
DSC_0027.JPG

Okay, thread jacking here but....

Where can I find the best deal on a 43T Chrome Plated Steel Rear Sproket? Roaring Toyz wants $69.00 for RC Comp. Think I can do better? Need chrome to match wheels, swingarm, etc.

Go to the dealer.. I just picked mine up for 43 bucks. And they had it in stock.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is the one!!! gold for looks, toolsteel teeth to last a lifetime, 39T will add 2% to the topend:laugh: of standard Busa and reduce the error of the speedo

Picture 004.jpg

well i have to make a decision soon... thinking of chain front and rear. thinking about changing ratio ... will see tire is ordered on monday doing the iron pony thing shinkos

I am using Afam from Japan made in France cause i am using Galespeed rims.Will like to try the Stealth sounds and looks good

Last edited:
Go to the dealer.. I just picked mine up for 43 bucks. And they had it in stock.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks, I looked around and found a few that were in the $50 range but nothing chrome plated. I order the one from Roaring Toyz.

I've never changed a sproket. I assume that it's fairly easy. Just pull the tire, take off nuts, swap sprokets and put chain/tire back on.

Then adjust chain tension as I normally do (notches in swing arm). Any curve balls to watch out for?

Back