Which Rear Sproket????

bfbusa

Donating Member
Registered
Which rear sproket is the best? Vortex or Supersprox. I beleive the standard rear sproket is 40 but SuperSprox only offer 39 or 41. If I go the supersprox I was thinking of the 39 tooth as I do more cruising than canyon carving.Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bill

I'm partial to Vortex. I've had really good luck with them. You'll get about 10K miles with a hard aluminum Vortex sprocket. I actually ran one until the teeth began to break at 13K miles.

I'm just the opposite on the renthal sprockets. I returned four Renthal sprockets a couple years ago. I never did get one that was round. I finally ordered a Vortex and have used nothing else since.

Although JT Sprockets makes a steel 43 tooth if you prefer. I was kinda partial to a 43T on my gen I.

You will get much more mileage from a steel sprocket. but on the other hand, many of the more experienced street riders here can feel the difference in upsprung weight with the heavier sprocket. "The increased gyroscopic effect slows down turn in...." or something like that... :whistle:

cheers
ken

You will get much more mileage from a steel sprocket. but on the other hand, many of the more experienced street riders here can feel the difference in upsprung weight with the heavier sprocket. "The increased gyroscopic effect slows down turn in...." or something like that... :whistle:

cheers
ken

:lol:

STEEL, JT Sprocket 43tooth is the way to go. but I guess if you dont want all the low end then stick with stock, but I would use steel(It will last longer).

STEEL, JT Sprocket 43tooth is the way to go. but I guess if you dont want all the low end then stick with stock, but I would use steel(It will last longer).

And, steel is $20 cheaper!

There is no noticeable difference in steel vs aluminum!

However, one of those black anodized hardened Vortex aluminum sprockets are cook eye candy! :thumbsup:

And for another twenty bucks, could be worth it?

And, steel is $20 cheaper!

There is no noticeable difference in steel vs aluminum!

However, one of those black anodized hardened Vortex aluminum sprockets are cook eye candy! :thumbsup:

And for another twenty bucks, could be worth it?

Had em all, I swear by hardened aluminum Vortex...any tooth count, 42 is a great sport touring overall ratio. Raydog

P1010338.JPG

another shot (btw, now has 3500 hard miles on it and can't notice any wear yet).

P1010334.JPG

eye candy

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

2244240450102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

cheers
ken

Last edited:
Hey guys thanks for all the advice. It looks like the majority favor the Hardened aluminum Vortex. Where else can a guy get this kind of help, no-where but here. Thanks again.

Back