where's a good source for fairing bolts/clips?

bass boss

Registered
Can anyone tell me where I could get more of those hex bolts that hold our fairings in place and those little black plastic "clips" that push together? I know I could order them from a dealer, but is there some other place to buy them where it won't cost so much?

You can try <a href="http://www.ronayers.com">Ron Ayers<a> if you want the custom stuff or you can try <a href="http://www.tastynuts.com">Pro-Bolt<a> if you want something a little more custom.

If you want OEM quality bolts don't buy the Tastynuts stuff. Go here and take a look at the Kojak bolt kit that Suzuki4Life has, its buy far the best replacement bolt kit I have seen.

probolt.......................versus.............Kojak kit

aluminuim........................................Stainless steel
washers and spacers required to fit...... exact OEM replacement

fairing bolts only replacement..............replacement for
...................................................bolts,push pins(all) and carge bolts

$56...................................................$75 shipped in us

probolt includes antiseize to HELP prevent the light flimsy aluminuim bolts from snapping off, allen wrenches, NEW threaded clips(because their bolts are different thread patterns than OEM), tons of plastics spacers and washers
Terrible paint finish(lots of runs)

Kojak kit
14 small bolts
8 large
2 smooth frankenstein (cargo) bolt replacement bolts with washers and caps.
HD small plastic push pins and reamer tool
OEM suzuki large plastic push pins.

stainless steel, deeper allen wrench recesses than OEM to help prevent rounding off of wrenches if overtorqued. Direct OEM replacement. Identical appearance to OEM once installed.

smooth looking frankenstein replacement bolts.

I don't know about the bolts, but the push clips are $2 for five at Oneida Suzuki.

I just put my first order in to them, so no feedback on them from me yet.

I have had the Probolt bolt kit fitted to my 03SE for over a year now, and although not perfect, I have not found any of the problems suzuki4life has mentioned. None of the bolts I purchased had paint runs, and they all bolted straight into my OEM threaded fairing clips. None of the bolts have snapped or been threaded during their repeated removal/re-installation. I did however find that the supplied plastic spacers are the wrong length, and had to be cut and glued together to create the correct length. Other members have replaced the spacers with cut lengths of small pipe, which would be a better solution IMO. Over time, the spacers will mishape(due to being made of plastic), and have to be replaced. Anyone wanting to drop some more weight from their bike should consider the Probolt kit though, as they are considerably lighter than the OEM bolts.

I would recommend the Kojak bolt kit that suzuki4life recommends(I have Kojaks replacement Frankenstein Bolts fitted to my bike). However, I suspect that most people who are purchasing a replacement bolt kit, are doing so to colour code their bike - The Kojak fairing kit is plain steel just like the OEM bolts, so did not satisfy my requirement.

I have since powdercoated all of my OEM bolts(and the Kojak bolts as well), which IMO is the way to go. The bolt preparation for this takes ages, but the end result is certainly worth it.

I have had the Probolt bolt kit fitted to my 03SE for over a year now, and although not perfect, I have not found any of the problems suzuki4life has mentioned. None of the bolts I purchased had paint runs, and they all bolted straight into my OEM threaded fairing clips. None of the bolts have snapped or been threaded during their repeated removal/re-installation. I did however find that the supplied plastic spacers are the wrong length, and had to be cut and glued together to create the correct length. Other members have replaced the spacers with cut lengths of small pipe, which would be a better solution IMO. Over time, the spacers will mishape(due to being made of plastic), and have to be replaced. Anyone wanting to drop some more weight from their bike should consider the Probolt kit though, as they are considerably lighter than the OEM bolts.

I would recommend the Kojak bolt kit that suzuki4life recommends(I have Kojaks replacement Frankenstein Bolts fitted to my bike). However, I suspect that most people who are purchasing a replacement bolt kit, are doing so to colour code their bike - The Kojak fairing kit is plain steel just like the OEM bolts, so did not satisfy my requirement.

I have since powdercoated all of my OEM bolts(and the Kojak bolts as well), which IMO is the way to go. The bolt preparation for this takes ages, but the end result is certainly worth it.
Kojak has black bolts in the works.

Should make the SE owners happy. I'll be interested to see how much they cost, as I did all the preparation myself to keep the costs down, and the powdercoating for approximately 50 bolts cost me about $30.

Should make the SE owners happy. I'll be interested to see how much they cost, as I did all the preparation myself to keep the costs down, and the powdercoating for approximately 50 bolts cost me about $30.
no idea if they're powdercoated or not. i have just been told that they are black.

I have this feeling that powdercoating the bolt would cause the threads to bind.

Then removing the paint from the threads could cause it to start chipping, SOOoooooo not sure if its a good idea at all.

I ordered the kojack kit from suzuki4life a few months ago. Everything is as he stated. Bit pricier but definitely worth it.

Can anyone tell me where I could get more of those hex bolts that hold our fairings in place and those little black plastic "clips" that push together?  I know I could order them from a dealer, but is there some other place to buy them where it won't cost so much?
Try LOWES or DEPOT thats where I get most replacment bolts from . They have a specialty aisle next to the regular screws,nuts,bolts,etc.
Then go to Advance,Autozone,Western Auto,etc. I think there like $2 for 6 to 8.They have diffrent types also instead of pushing in kind that are next to impossible to use more than once they have the kind that are not flush that have a small peice sticking up to pull out later or they have flush kind that look similiar to factory but screw in and more importantly out.
umnik.gif

suzuki4life, the bolt threads would be masked before the powdercoating process - Not quite sure whether this would be the same for anodizing though. I'll dig out and post some pics of my bolts before and after the powdercoating process.

Can anyone tell me where I could get more of those hex bolts that hold our fairings in place and those little black plastic "clips" that push together?  I know I could order them from a dealer, but is there some other place to buy them where it won't cost so much?
Try LOWES or DEPOT thats where I get most replacment bolts from . They have a specialty aisle next to the regular screws,nuts,bolts,etc.
Then go to Advance,Autozone,Western Auto,etc. I think there like $2 for 6 to 8.They have diffrent types also instead of pushing in kind that are next to impossible to use more than once they have the kind that are not flush that have a small peice sticking up to pull out later or they have flush kind that look similiar to factory but screw in and more importantly out.
umnik.gif
why not just spend the $2 and get the OEM's then?

What I offer is a bit stronger than OEM.

umnik.gif
why not just spend the $2 and get the OEM's then?

What I offer is a bit stronger than OEM.
i guess i got rip off by the stealer because i can only get 1 oem bolt/clip with 2 dollars not 6 to 8. will have to check out the autoparts and hardware stores next time.

Powdercoated Bolts...
(I decided not to powdercoat the Cargo bolts shown in the previous pic)

Powdercoated_sml.JPG

if you're getting a bolt AND clip for $2 at the dealer, I THINK you're doing very well.
yeah only 1 bolt or clip for $2.00 at the stealer. dabusa said, he got 6 to 8 bolts for $2.00 at autozone so i'm definitely have to check out autozone next time i loose a bolt or any other autoparts or hardware stores that sell them. that's alot cheaper than what the stealer's charging for sure.

good luck finding the bolts and clips. I bet he'll tell ya they have the chrome triple clamp caps there too. No where even comaprable.:laugh:

Back