Where to put the pciii, best location

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
PCIII Accelerator Pump Settings ....What have you tried?

It's in now, but wondering about the Pump settings??

I'm installing the PCIII this weekend, and wondering where people are puttin the unit.

I would like to keep my storage area under the seat as useful as possible.

And if you have a photo, that would be great as well.

<!--EDIT|TorontoBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145453361 -->

I put mine where the tool kit goes. If you haven't already, you may want to do the hump storage mod so that you can still carry a few things, even withthe PC mounted. I'll look around to see if I have a pic....

i saw recently that someone mounted theirs right by the ecu so it didnt effect their trunk space... might wanna look into that... i know that is where i will probably mount mine if i ever get one!

I put mine on top of the stock ECU under the seat. Use the velcro and then put the rubberband strap over it. That way you don't lose any storage space.

I put mine on top of the stock ECU under the seat. Use the velcro and then put the rubberband strap over it. That way you don't lose any storage space.
+1

the rubber band holds mine on just fine. Good spot as long as you're not always messing with it.

Under the Hump, back right hand side. I use the 1/4 turn hump mod for additional storage.

i put mine here

Copy_of_HPIM0848.JPG

Like others here have said...There's little enough storage space...no need pi$$'in it away when you can do this....

PC5.jpg

PC4.jpg

and besides NOT losing and storage space?..it's out of harms way where if you place it in your storage area the programmimg buttons may get "Inadvertently Pressed"...and shazam...your maps blown...bikes running like shid and you're left scratch'in yer azz trying to figure out..."Why?"
rock.gif

stick'em under the seat like shown folks and...

L8R, Bill
cool.gif

Same place as Speedemon, I had to cut a little round post off to put the PC there. But you lose very little space and the interface port is right on top.

Don

Mines done as Jinks Pic shows. Great spot thats not being used by anything else, plus the bands that are there are plenty secure enough to hold the PC.
wink.gif

I installed mine like Jinkster except with the harness exiting forward. I routed the harness from the left side of the ECU, under the ECU connectors and around the right side of the battery, under the negative cable then under the left side of the tank. The PCIII ground wire is in a perfect spot to connect to the battery. After installing it, I kept the rear seat off then put as much weight as possible on the front seat, slid my fingers in to see if the weight pushed on the PCIII. No problem. I installed the PCIII usb on my stock bike and it really smoothed out the rough spots. I also activated the "Accelerator Pump" feature. WOW! - you must do it!
PCIII usb $259, Shipping $8, not having to pop the clutch to wheelie - priceless!
Drive it like you stole it - Cougar

Like others here have said...There's little enough storage space...no need pi$$'in it away when you can do this....
and besides NOT losing and storage space?..it's out of harms way where if you place it in your storage area the programmimg buttons may get "Inadvertently Pressed"...and shazam...your maps blown...bikes running like shid and you're left scratch'in yer azz trying to figure out..."Why?"
rock.gif

stick'em under the seat like shown folks and...

L8R, Bill
cool.gif
Thanks everybody, and thanks for the pic's.

I'm gonna do what bill shows, under the seat, clean and does not use the storage space.

Thanks!

I installed mine like Jinkster except with the harness exiting forward. I routed the harness from the left side of the ECU, under the ECU connectors and around the right side of the battery, under the negative cable then under the left side of the tank. The PCIII ground wire is in a perfect spot to connect to the battery. After installing it, I kept the rear seat off then put as much weight as possible on the front seat, slid my fingers in to see if the weight pushed on the PCIII. No problem. I installed the PCIII usb on my stock bike and it really smoothed out the rough spots. I also activated the "Accelerator Pump" feature. WOW! - you must do it!
PCIII usb $259, Shipping $8, not having to pop the clutch to wheelie - priceless!
Drive it like you stole it - Cougar
What is the "Accelerator Pump" feature??

And thanks for the detailed description of how you installed it.

I'm looking forward to putting it this weekend!

Torontobusa,
If you purchased the new PCIII usb, it will probably have the accelerator pump feature included in the software CD. If not, you can download it from powercommander.com, where there is an extensive article on the software. Basically, they try to emulate the accel pump of automotive 4bbl carburators that gives an extra shot of fuel when you crack the throttle quickly. You can adjust how fast you have to crack the throttle to activate it and you can set the rpm range that it will operate in. You must have a usb PC for it to work. By the way, I'm moving back to Trenton, Ont this summer - let's ride.
Cougar

and just to make mention here...don't give me too much credit folks as it was H.org member Dakkine2 who rushed to my side to help/advise the installation of my PCIIIUSB and suggested it go under the seat like his....I just took his wise advice...he also made my life a lot easier by offering me his laptop services to load up my Ivans Map...

PC1.jpg

PC3.jpg

thereby saving me the hassel of fart'in 'round with the 9V battery and usb cable off my desktop...and to do a real time running systems check including throttle position percentage while at idle...which can be adjusted through the software to get a dead true read of your TPS (Throttle Position Sensor).

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144469783 -->

Back