Where to buy an exhaust header only?

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
I'm tinkering with exhaust tips/baffles and am curious to put on a good aftermarket header and see how it performs and sounds.

I'm currently running stock header and Muzzy CF slip-ons, but am interested in losing weight & improving performance. I'm aware of the "constipated intestine" configuration and baffles in the stock configuration, and would like to move to a better setup.

Has anyone bought a header alone, or had to replace a header only due to trauma before? If so, how much was it and what kind?

I'm thinking an HMF 4 into 2 with minimal restriction tips would ROCK...
super.gif

Never seen a post where someone purchased just a header.... But, I'll bet you can pick a used whole system up for less money than a new header only set-up!

I purchased a header from a guy who wrecked his bike, then had midpipes custom made to connect to my 2 Bros slipons. Turned out real nice. Sounds good, performs good.

Just be prepared to spend at least $100/side + header just to get it all connected. You need to find a wrecked bike that you can get the header from for cheap. Or go on Ebay and try to find a system thats all messed up that noone wants, and buy that for it's header.

If you wanted to buy a new header, you'd probably spend more than it's worth, since they really want to sell you the whole system. I know Brock sells the lower half of his header systems at a decent price, but the part you get won't connect directly to the head.

Good luck with your project. Here's some pics of my project. If you have any questions, let me know. Consider getting a used 4-2-1 header also, you'd lose even more weight...I was stuck on the dual look so that's how I ended up where I am. Full system with duals.

headrt.jpg

headlt.jpg

Here's what I had made to connect to it. The nice thing is, I've got the dual setup I wanted, and I can use ANY bolt on cans with it!

flanges.jpg

newpipe1.jpg

newpipe3.jpg

Installed:

ltside-1.jpg

rtside.jpg

Here's a clip of the exhaust. Damn, I love how Two Bros sound.

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid110.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid110.photobucket.com/albums/n116/thebbbrain/wintermods/Fullexhaust.flv"></embed>

For what it's worth I picked one up on ebay for under 30 bones tyd. In perfect condition. Usual pricing is about $50 = shipping

(THEPANTHER @ Aug. 24 2007,09:30) For what it's worth I picked one up on ebay for under 30 bones tyd. In perfect condition. Usual pricing is about $50 = shipping
You talking about a stock header or aftermarket?
rock.gif

thebbbusa,very nice work.  
beerchug.gif
 I would like to do the same,with the exception of stock cans......and a set of modded stock cans with small diamiter straight through cores. Would make for a nice sleeper nitrous bike.

(Shibumi @ Aug. 24 2007,23:40)
(THEPANTHER @ Aug. 24 2007,09:30) For what it's worth I picked one up on ebay for under 30 bones tyd. In perfect condition. Usual pricing is about $50 = shipping
You talking about a stock header or aftermarket?  
rock.gif
I think he might mean stock. Aftermarket stuff is hard to come by since mose people trash stuff that's been damaged.

I don't think I've ever seen an after market header (only) on Ebay.

You just have to be patient and look hard. Set up a search on Ebay that will email you everytime a "Hayabusa header" is posted. Eventually you'll get something. It took me about 8 months before I found something....even then, that was here.

i looked for quite awhile for one. finally popped up on ebay and got a ti akrapovic for $70. seem to be pretty hit and miss.

I'm tinkering with exhaust tips/baffles and am curious to put on a good aftermarket header and see how it performs and sounds.

I'm currently running stock header and Muzzy CF slip-ons, but am interested in losing weight & improving performance. I'm aware of the "constipated intestine" configuration and baffles in the stock configuration, and would like to move to a better setup.

Has anyone bought a header alone, or had to replace a header only due to trauma before? If so, how much was it and what kind?

I'm thinking an HMF 4 into 2 with minimal restriction tips would ROCK...
super.gif
One of the companies, I think it might be Vance & Hines, makes just a performance header made to fit most after market slip-ons. Its priced way less than a full system as well. Might be what you're looking for.

One of the companies, I think it might be Vance & Hines, makes just a performance header made to fit most after market slip-ons. Its priced way less than a full system as well. Might be what you're looking for.

It would! Only the thread is 4 years old:laugh:

Back