Where is Ronald Reagan when we need him (famous quotes)

I thought I would refuel this :laugh:

Liberal or Conservative?

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn`t buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for
everyone
If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his
situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
(Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping
for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have
a good laugh. A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

:thumbsup::bowdown::thumbsup:

trickle down economics did not work.....

however, Affirmative Action has some of those same "trickle down" theories. AA assumes that if the gov. forces institutions and business to hire minorities....equality will be achieved. how do you do that, well you have "quotas" or projected goals. this sounds fine, but in practice does not address the fact that many minorities are not as well qualified as whites.

so the law that was to end discrimination, actually supports it and in fact promotes resentment and anger....even mistrust because people know that sometimes lesser qualified minorities are getting those jobs, or spots on campuses and even degrees due to thier skin color,race or gender.

any on-campus visit will show you that women are the majority, and at most school in my area the asians fill thier quota's and the schools have to lower the standards for blacks and mexican applicants.....

AA does not address the real problems.

She has REAL executive experience already and time to do her homework and prove herself. A real INTELLIGENT fighter who does not back down. So far she is liberal enemy #1.:thumbsup:
Currently the closest to Reagan in my opinion.

Just don't let your wife or GF overhear you say she's hot!! They may hate her forever:laugh:

palinreagan copy.jpg

She has REAL executive experience already and time to do her homework and prove herself. A real INTELLIGENT fighter who does not back down. So far she is liberal enemy #1.:thumbsup:

Just don't let your wife or GF overhear you say she's hot!! They may hate her forever:laugh:

She quit, remember?

I am a conservative, i want less taxes and smaller government....strong and secure borders and the ability to protect our citizens both at home and when traveling abroad.

What the RNC did to Mrs. Palin was attrocious. threw her to the wolves with little coaching and support, she had no idea the kind of media frenzy she was going to have to deal with. they were both unprepared and unable to get a grip on it, they allowed the media to drestroy her and her family....

but now she is back, she will be smarter and more polished and real viable candidate in 2 or even 6 years.

While I would sooner take Palin over Obama and Co., I don't think she's the bastion of Conservative prowess that we would like to think she is. The fact is that she differs little from other politicians when it comes to pork spending (see: Bridge to Nowhere.) She's a pretty face with a wholesome image and a solid Conservative based message, but I think that's where it ends. She doesn't hold up under pressure, she's not a very intellectual speaker and she has the burden of being a very outspoken religious follower, which turns off a great deal of people. Middle America wants a leader that goes to church, but doesn't consult religion when it comes to matters of the state. I think GWB's strong religious nature was largely overlooked due to his other strengths.

I thought I would refuel this :laugh:

Liberal or Conservative?

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn`t buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for
everyone
If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his
situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
(Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping
for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have
a good laugh. A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

So many truths in there.

Holy fookin cow, who yanked Dino's starter rope?

Whomever it was, would you please find the kill switch? His progressive throttle linkage is stuck wide arse open and he is running about 16 pounds of boast! Oh, I mean "BOOST"!

A Briggs & Straton can't take that sort of boost for very long without imploding! :40__s:

Holy fookin cow, who yanked Dino's starter rope?

Whomever it was, would you please find the kill switch? His progressive throttle linkage is stuck wide arse open and he is running about 16 pounds of boast! Oh, I mean "BOOST"!

A Briggs & Straton can't take that sort of boost for very long without imploding! :40__s:

2 in 1 day, man you are on a roll....

Being a Mod i had to read this thread..thank you all for the frickin headache! :laugh:

Now that is a quoteable quote....

Sorry....

NO sorry needed...I did skim most of it...oh and looked at the pretty pictures!
Think i will add that quote to me sig line...
Thanks Dino!

I'm just impressed that we were able to keep the thread amiable. Most of these threads end up going down in a ball of fire. Fire I say, fire. :thumbsup:

NO sorry needed...I did skim most of it...oh and looked at the pretty pictures!
Think i will add that quote to me sig line...
Thanks Dino!

It truly didn't start out to be this way Ace.

I have less than 50 employees, so FU Federal Government!

Of course, the 50 employee limit creates an artifical ceiling; how many people do we NOT hire because of the extra headaches of going over 50?

It truly didn't start out to be this way Ace.

I have less than 50 employees, so FU Federal Government!

Of course, the 50 employee limit creates an artifical ceiling; how many people do we NOT hire because of the extra headaches of going over 50?

That's when you start hiring "independent contractors." :laugh:

What you guys are missing is that you have to have a plan and method to reach out to women and minorities. Nothing says you have to hire unqualified people you just have to seek out qualified people you normally would not market to.

What you guys are missing is that you have to have a plan and method to reach out to women and minorities. Nothing says you have to hire unqualified people you just have to seek out qualified people you normally would not market to.

I would agree with that statement to a point.

But I have to ask this question, "What if the qualified minority or female does not exist in your area?" What then, do you have to import and pay for that or do you have to lower your standards and weaken your company so you can hire according to the government standard?

I do not remember who said it but a quote I hold true to my heart goes something like this.

Do not lower our standards to accomodate the weak, raise the weak to our high standards.

Back