Where does your loyalty stand!!!

My first bike was a Honda.. all bikes since have been Suzuki. If the 'busa didn't exist, I would be riding a gixxer1k in all likelihood. I am not a Kawi fan and never have been. Of the Japanese bikes, my preference, in order is: Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, Kawi..
biggrin.gif

I have no brand loyalty whatsoever. And I'm not about to develop any.

I'll buy whichever bike strikes my fancy, regardless of country of origin or brand name. If it looks good, does what I want, has performance numbers I can live with, and I can afford it... I might well get it.

Manufacturers must compete for my tiny piece of the market share. They can never count on me to shell out without giving me something I think is better than the competition in some way. They must constantly strive to build the best product they can at the best value they can.

Tiny revisions and incremental changes over the course of a 20 year design cycle, with little more than name changes and price increases will not earn nor keep my business. I demand technology, refinement, improvement, value, styling, and performance. The only way I can get that is if the bike makers compete with one another for my (and others') business.

Blind brand loyalty hinders the process of product improvement through competition and does a disservice to consumers and manufacturers as well. In my opinion.

Yesterday it was Suzuki... Today its Honda...If'n I can get my hands on a ZX6R(636) Tommorow it will be Kawasaki.

The busa is an awesome sport tourer but you can't road race the thing...

No need to apologize, cloud 9...I love hondas because their dependable and reek of quality to look at and operate. But I agree with others about them being "vanilla". Honda is the General Motors of motorcycling. The volume king but absolutely nothing in terms of excitement. Great concept vehicles, but by the time they make it to production, its a "me too" car. I owned a 98 VFR. What a perfect all around bike. You hear it ALLLLL the time, but if you rode one, youd HAVE to agree. Im 6'3" 220lbs with a 36 inch inseam and this bike suited me great. I talked my buddy into buying a 2000 and he loved his. But after a while, the thirst for more power came about, and 2002 promised a new VFR. So we said we'd buy one each, anticipating more power (maybe a 1000 v4?!) and flashier updated looks with the same basic layout.
Boy were we disappointed! The 02 came about looking like a bloated 2 wheeler you might see in a star wars movie (ugly to me). The rear end on this pig is wider than a dually pickup truck with tacky split underseat pipes. OK, honda got daring with the looks...big deal..but now its UGLY! Only one color too for that year. Now the already heavy VFR is about 30-40lbs heavier, while being pushed around by the same 781 engine block with VTEC heads now...oooooooh...aaaaaah.....whoopie....only problem is the vtec makes no power ANYWHERE on the dyno than the old geared cam version. oh yeah, they cranked up the price too. my dealer tells me VFR sales have taken a big hit since 02. i dont doubt it.
Anyway, im at the dealer with my buddy looking for a replacement for the VFR. F4 WAY too small. Superhawk...dont like half faired rides. Hmmm...leaves the Blackbird XX. BORRRRRING. I decided on an RC51. Not too comfortable, but I had plans for mods to make it more comfy and flashy. My friend sits on it...he says "no way, too small even for me." As I look at how ridiculous he looks on it, I see something in black behind him. eye cathing...
Im now wondering over to the SUZUKI section...yup, the damned ZUKE section of the dealer. The GSXRs are even tighter than the smallest hondas and tend to be teenage poser bikes, so why bother. But what the hell is this black thing?? A hayabusa? hmmm. but its black, ALLLLL black...looks so much better than the 2 tones and a million times better than the intruduction copper color (yuck! at least to me!). ahhhh, i see why, the frame is black too. wow. 2002 SE midnight falcon. I sit on it. WOW...I FIT!! Its low but stretched out. Having ridden a while, although i thought it was kind of a controversial look, i knew it commanded respect from other riders. Took a ride on a used bike the dealer had for sale. SIGN ME UP!
Sure, some will think I bought it as an extension of my penis. But I know better. Its a solid bike that fits me and EASILY carries a female on the back or can give you a kick in the ass at the dragway even in stock form and THEN let you ride home from the track! Its been true love since day one.
So thats my long winded brand loyalty/how-did-you-end-up-with-a-busa story. Bottom line: It aint a brand thing...its a BUSA thing.

no loyalties here.....just a dream. Wanted something fast...something no one else here had....and then I got more than I bargained for.

All the other bikes just don't seem the same.....but I would get a F4 or 954 in a heartbeat.

Busa !
Haya <seeya wouldnt wannabeya> Busa.
Are you kidding me?
From the 2001 now to the 2004. I am hooked. Send my silly Azz
to Hayabusa anonymous.

Hi My Name is Adam and I am a Hayabuser.
biggrin.gif

Havent really given my Busa a chance yet with 200 km on the dial but in all honesty I miss my R1
sad.gif
sad.gif

But I will see with my mods this summer if I will like it better.

sad.gif

The busa is the first suzuki ive owned.Like others have said my loyalty is with the busa it has so much character the design is one of a kind.If other manufacturers put the kind of time and love into one of there bikes I would'nt hesitate to buy something other than a suzuki.

I have brand loyalty with Honda as far as cars are concerned. Our family has had 10+ Hondas and they've all been great. I don't know about bikes though, I'm fairly new to them so I don't know.

One thing I do know is that I do not like Kawisakis period and Honda bikes look like they have no guts. I really like the ridability and comfort of the R6/R1 series but I have no complaints as far as my GSX-R600.

I fell in love with the Hayabusa the first time I saw the first offering in copper/silver and that really new looking body shape.

When I looked at seriously buying in 02 the fit and finish was so much better than the ZX12 there was no comparison in my mind. I liked everything about the Hayabusa - the power, the shape, the instrumentation
and the way it felt when I sat on it.

I bought one in 03 and never looked back - except at the bikes behind me out on the road!

Kent Sheldon

Personally I'm a bike lover period!!! In order of importance for me..
1-Comfort (I like riding for hours at a time to stop only for gas)
2-Speed
3-Style
4-Dependability
5-Price

I feel like the Busa gives me everything I need in order of importance...but if someone has something better it would break my heart, but I'd probably have to jump ship. Honestly the thought kinda bothers me. Hopefully Suz will perform some upgrades to the Busa in the near future to remain top Dawg.

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081651097 -->

banner_brick.jpg

Brand Loyalty..hmmm..lets see..My first brand new bike was a 73 RD350..put 8k on it...weak ignition system...but fun at the time. Then a new 74 TX500 Yamaha...put a one piece cylinder head on it..pure love for 30k. Then a used up 72 CB750 Honda...beat on it and beat on it....great fun and reliable...totally. Then a used 78 Kz1000....lot's of miles i rode,
it was tough as nails..had great fun and also reliable. And then
WooHoo i bought a brand new Gpz900 Ninja........pure joy
for 40k..in four years..living in snow country...did 852 miles in one day on it.....watta scooter it was...Then in 89 i purchased
a brand new 88 GSXR1100....think i put 18k on it....roadraced
it a few times...formula 40 class as i aged....sold it and bought
a used 89 FZR Yammer 600....which i raced quite a bit...most stable bike of them all with a FOX shock and steering dampner.
After that...i thought sport touring....93 Kawi Concours....
put 40k on that in five years...also tough as nails..but then i wanted some sport bike back in my life..traded straight across for a 93 Honda CB1000. But a while back from then i saw a blue silver Busa..and knew i had to have one some day!!!
So in 2002 in went to a used bike dealer and he had two 01 Busa's for sale...one black silver and one Blue silver......
both cost 9,400 he gave me 3,500.00 trade in for the CB1000
And now i could not be Happier....Blue Silver 01 now has almost 15K in two years..you will have to pry it from my cold dead hands........now at 53 years young.....it would be cool to have a Duc999 beside the Busa..but the Busa is it for now and loving every minute...
type.gif

I am partial to Suzuki, and Kawasaki......I firmly beleive that there is no better all-round bike on the planet, than the Busa.
That being said, My next bike will quite likely be a ZX10.......already been looking, just trying to decide if I wanna dump that much money on another bike, then another 8k modifying it........not any time soon, I know that!!

I'm somewhat brand loyal to Suzuki, but not really. I just like what's dependable, fast, and comfortable.

Brian

i'm seeing alot of people getting fucked over on these new bikes coming out.

the r1 with the blown engine and yamaha blaming the owner. the class action lawsuit for the r1 footpegs snapping. r6's with lots of problems.

many honda 600rr's with serious electrical problems and honda taking up to 6 months to fix each bike. that is not cool on a brand new bike. alot of them have also been smoking bad (burning oil).

i just haven't heard as many bad things about suzuki. funny thing is, word on the street is that honda's are supposed to be the most reliable and suzuki's the most unreliable.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|luckydevil
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081723229 -->

as soon as I need a faster bike I will go boost
biggrin.gif

i'm a hope to soon be BUSA owner. i've had hondas and kawasaki motorcycles, and wouldnt buy a kawa again for anything. just sold a yamaha outboard motor. had it for six years and never had ANYTHING go wrong with it. i like yamaha. now i have two suzuki outboards, the 4-strokes, seem to be alittle overengineered, but as far as mechanical, they are still running strong with 200 hard hours. i've had to have them in the shop for small things, nothing in the block has given me trouble. jurys still out on that. the honda bikes and cars i have are the most trouble free things that i have. i really want a honda but nothing they offer is worth a crap. the BUSA has the looks and the power for what i want. brand loyatly, well if my brand could step up and have the baddest bike out there i would buy it. i'm willing to have 3 suzuki's in my stable due to the technology and power they have.(thats 2 outboards and 1 BUSA).

bone

Back