Where does your loyalty stand!!!

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
All,
I have to admit, I am really not a Suzuki fanatic... I love the Busa and would only be loyal to it as long as it was the best produced bike around... but the day Kawi or any other brand makes a better bike, I would have to move on and call my Busa one of the best bikes I ever owned. (past tense)

I hope I am not druming up the hornets nest here, but here me out before you beat me up on this one.

The bike I owned before the Busa was a Kawi ZX7R and I was one of those morrones that was waiting on the ZX12R to come out and kill the competition so I could buy one. Unfortunetly it never happend, the 12R to me was a disappoitment in every way, from the horror stories of its reliability issues in the beginning to its lack of top-notch engineering that was put into the design of the Busa. (aerodynamics in particular stood out, not to mention the rough edges on the 12R) Even Kawi had to admit they fell a little short of their goals demonstrated by their delayed release date and the rumors coming out of Kawi that they weren't getting the power they were needing to be the top contender... I really wanted to be loyal to Kawi and go with the 12R, but the Busa was so much better in so many ways that I just couldn't talk myself into it. If the Busa was just a little better, I probably could have lied myself into buying the 12R, but at that moment, I had to come to the realization that I was either going to be loyal to Kawi or I was going to get the better bike... naturallly, I chose the better bike.

Every since this incident, I have really come to realize that it only pays to go with the best bike produced for that year, wheather its Kawi or Suzi, doesn't really matter... I would add a 12R to my collection in a heart beat if it went a true 200MPH and was a great build bike on top of that.

Anyway, I am rambling here...

Cloud

I am all the way suzuki. I have not seen any other bikes that I like better than the busa, gix or the TL's that is just my opinion. Maybe if something came out that I like better (doubtful) then I would be hard pressed to step away from suzuki.

i tend to gravitate toward zuki for some reason.. not just because of the busa... I've owned two kawi's.. but every other bike i've owned out of about 7 have been suzuki.

no real reason.. i just tend to like them more for whatever reason. .. so guess i'm atleast somewhat loyal.

I'm not "Loyale" but I enjoy the best. The 12R was my second choice and after sitting on both, side by side same time, I liked the Busa better. That said, I can't jump ship until something better on ALL LEVELS comes along. The new stuff will be as quick or quicker, but until they accomplish the following, I'm sticking with Busa:
1) extra power to ride 2 up at full speeds, so I can thrill my rider
2) extra weight to provide SMOOOTH ride for said passenger
3) extra weight to roll smooth at high speeds and thru wind
4) extra weight to avoid constant wheelies
5) great unique looks
6) as easy to "tour" on as track race
So, there's your challenge, manufactures. If you want my next 12K, better build me a better mouse trap that does EVERYTHING better, not just speed.

I never really fully understood brand loyalty. I buy what siuts me at the time. I love the Busa. It works for me. If brand Y,K,orH come out with a faster more comfy bike thats as realiable I'll switch.
Some people stick to a brand just because their family or frineds have always owned it. I say get the best available at the time.

ain't it lucky for us that already own the best bike ....no decision to make ,just ride:D

Other than the Busa, I don't really like Suzuki!

I have had much better experiences with Honda & Yamaha! It might have just been the luck of the draw but Yamaha & Honda have given me a lot LESS problems!

I still love the Busa but other than that, I don't think I would buy another SUZUKI!
sad.gif

The busa has been my first suzi and I have to admit that I am impressed with the quality of the final product... She is bulletproof; I am not sure if she is so good because the specific engineers who designed her were just on their game at the time or this is a tribute to the Suzi manufacturing company; other way, I like her a lot...

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080952377 -->

I plan right now to keep the busa (must admit I have been thnking of selling)...I'm not loyal to any manufacture...If a like what Craftsmans puts out in a bike that's what I'll buy...
evil.gif

STUNNAH,

Why have you been thinking about selling your BUSA?
rock.gif

Is the Turbo just to much for your riding style or what?

We need details!?!?

Josh
pirate.gif

I like all bikes except Kawi's. Don't know why except I can't stand the color <span style='color:green'>GREEN</span>
evil.gif

There is nothing like a Busa. Everybody knows the Busa is the King, just like the Hemi is the baddest motor.

Any bike that would dethrone the Busa, would take at least three years to get a rep. In a dictionary, the word Busa should be mentioned under the word Speed.

I've never owned a Honda,
but i've had Kawa Ninja's,
Yamaha FZR's and R6's......
but my favorite bikes were my
GSXR 1100 and GSXR 750
and when I sat on the BUSA

it was good time game over, nothing is as comfortable and better feeling to me.
i've rode R1's and everything out to even DUCs and MV Augusta,
but man it's not messing with the BUS.

so I do'nt know if it's Suzuki, but I can't seem to get rid of my BUSA

Over the years I have owned every major Japaneese brand of street bike and lots of dirt ones too.
No loyalty whatsoever, when it is the proven fastest production bike in the Guiness Book of World Records.( Like the Busa) I will buy that bike.
If it's fast and powerful,I want it.

I tend to gravitate more towards color... If the color is right, that peaks my initial interest, then we go from there... But I have owned Honda's and Suzuki's on the street. In all honesty I have allways been more of a Honda fan. BUT, I get really sick of their freakin red BS with little fruity wings and shiot, SO the 04 VFR800 is appealing... It's Black... But by and Large I got real tired of all the Hondas and their paint, not to mention that while their build quality is prolly the best in the business, the bike they produce tend to be extremely Vanilla, lacking anything even remotely like soul, or passion, or character. Great Bikes, Reliable, but sort of like comparing a Porsche Turbo and a Ferrarri F360. Both Fast and Capable, but the Ferrarri has spirit, and soul if you will. The other is just cold and efficiant... Equally good just one has a few more intangibles.
This is what got me back on a Suzuki, the Color, the reports of the amazing motor and it's do it all abilities.
Then When I discovered just how much character, and attitude this bike has My Busa became Lilah, and I wouldn't trade her for anything. I am keeping this one, it was destiny for me to get this particular bike, born the same month and day as my wife... It's just perfect.

But as I said, if I bear any particular loyalty it's prolly just to my bike, not to Suzuki as a whole.

As For the Y and K brands... If I was about 4 inches shorter and 80lbs lighter, I would allready be on an 04' Yamaha R1. I freaking love the way that thing looks, it's just too damn tiny for me... I would still have Lilah for my all arounder, and the R1 for true corner carving and roughousing on.

My loyalty stands with me for me. Nobody has build a better bike for what I want. If they do I will look at it wht ever the make. Right now however it is Suzuki all the way.

When I decided to buy my Busa after owning a RF 900 and a TL 1000S, it wasn't a cost issue,the fastest,ect. It's just a bike I always just have to have. It's a one of a kind,gorgeous,and does everything and more. I remember 3 years ago when one of my buddies bought the copper '99' I WAS SO JELOUS and then he blew by me like I was in neutral on my TL. I love this bike. I sneak out to the garage constantly when the wife aint looking just to stare or a quick sit. YES I am loyal to Suzuki because they always make the bikes I want and have to have.

I have to say that I am pretty surprised that most posting on this thread feel like I do. I figured there would be tons of Suzi loyalists... Nothing against those that are, just not the type of person I am... Even when I was building my street cars, I always went with the badest car at the time that I could afford. (Supra has always been my favorite every since I first saw it back in 93. Owned three of those to date and loved everyone of them even though the maintenance was really high and things seemed to break constantly on my 87 and 89 turbo models...)

But I finally made the jump to sport bikes in 99 and I have had a real hard time looking back at sports cars in general because nothing seems to give the rush like a bike and lets face it it is all about the rush to me. Doesn't matter if its an R6 or a Busa. There just aren't many cars out there that can keep up with even the weakest of sport bikes...

Cloud

Suzuki is my bike of choice. Before I bought my 02 Busa back in August of 02 I must have read a hundred artcles about all the top bikes. The common theme among the writers from the bike magazines was that Suzuki was the best bang for the buck, especially if you are looking at the Busa, and a dominant force in racing. That, along with many prior years of riding and a couple of years drag racing, convinced me that Suzuki was the way to go.

Would I own another bike though? Maybe a honda GoldWing... (I am getting older ya know)
tounge.gif

Postal..

Back