Where does this bolt go

wht_scorpion

Registered
I found a bolt on the floor near the bike don't know where it go's. I think it might of come loose when I was run the bike. I had the front fairing off and the gas tank propped up did the air box mod. It does have a allen key hole around 3mm or 5mm I could be wrong on size. Help plz if you know where this bolt go's.

IMGP2008.jpg

A clearer pic would help...help me anyways...

Sure thats not a bolt for one of the plastics or the airbox itself????

There are a few bolts like that on the engine. I think the oil line has 2 and there are a couple of other things also. I'd get a mirror and a flashlight and start looking for missing hardware.

Your pics suck bro, ha ha ha! There are quite a few of those on your bike. Id say check your horn, couple there and its not the first place you would think of. Bunch in the engine, depending on year, might be one of 4 that hold on your fuel pump on. Could be air box, that thing could go anywhere :D
Posted via Mobile Device

That is from the aluminium dust plates on the front calipers. They spring out when they come loose as the dust plate is under tension. Have a look at the calipers and you will see which one it is from :thumbsup:

That is from the aluminium dust plates on the front calipers. They spring out when they come loose as the dust plate is under tension. Have a look at the calipers and you will see which one it is from :thumbsup:

I agree, looks like it goes on the caliper. That'd be something you want to be real sure is in place before your next ride. Lock-tite is a busa's best friend.
Posted via Mobile Device

looks like the bolt that holds the sensor on the airbox, on the back of the air box there is a plug that bolts to the airbox, :rulez:

What's the prize?

Start it up and see where she spews from :laugh:

Wish I could help but I've got a GenII. Good luck finding out where it came from.
Are you sure it's not from the lawnmower?

Back