• another city

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

RACER_X

Registered
so being a little biased, the question is

where does the shuttle belong?

houston or new york, or someplace else?

"the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, in Virginia, would still get the Discovery and the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, in Florida, would still get Atlantis, but the California Science Center, in Los Angeles, would get Enterprise instead of Endeavour."

the fourth going to New York over Houston.

Houston has history with the program. NY, just another tourist attraction.

+1

This was nothing more the bureaucratic BS in my opinion, NY doesn't have anything to do with the space program.

I mean really, I don't remember the line go "New York, we have a problem"

I was hoping it would be dayton ohio at the airforce museum but it didnt happen. I think one of them should go and set right next to the first shuttle that started it all, Enterprise. They should be side by side

I was hoping it would be dayton ohio at the airforce museum but it didnt happen. I think one of them should go and set right next to the first shuttle that started it all, Enterprise. They should be side by side

Well the shuttle is not an AF plane, plus IMO 2 shuttles in 1 place is a bit much.and they are moving that1 too
Posted via Mobile Device

New York? What did New York ever have to do with a shuttle? Oh, maybe they flew OVER New York a few times....Houston...

Houston makes a lot of sense but I voted for "another city" I think it would be better if it was at the Air and Space museum at the Smithsonian in Washington D.C.

Houston seems like a no brainer.

But think about where it would be seen more...it's a tourist attraction and generates interest in the space program AND money for the program...I voted for New York!

Houston has plenty of history with the space program, why not spread the wealth of information.
Posted via Mobile Device

Houston seems like a no brainer.

But think about where it would be seen more...it's a tourist attraction and generates interest in the space program AND money for the program...I voted for New York!

Houston has plenty of history with the space program, why not spread the wealth of information.
Posted via Mobile Device

IMHO, if you want to spread the wealth, put it somewhere that actually had an key roll in the space program. Not someplace that just wanted to add another stop along the guided tour. "and on the left we have the space shuttle, and we're walking, we're walking"

In Houston they could have the knowledge passed along by people that worked, maintained, and were part of the shuttle program. You won't find that in NY, unless they pay to move NASA's Johnson Space Center to NY.

+1

This was nothing more the bureaucratic BS in my opinion, NY doesn't have anything to do with the space program.

I mean really, I don't remember the line go "New York, we have a problem"

I'm just glad that I've never heard the line "Houston, we have a problem"~!~ :laugh:

Posted via Mobile Device

And Houston shouldn't get any tourism? Houston should have gotten a shuttle.
And there is no more space program. Our fearless leader has gotten rid of that and turned our attention to the real technological advances in choo choo trains,

Back