Where can i get this ?

hionbusa

Registered
I saw this picture in the image section of the org.

I ve been feeling the whoel carbon fiber look lately .
I wanted to know where I can get the decal not the windsceen.

C'mon , VALIUM , you should know this one
smile.gif
?

carbon_screen.JPG

You can get a sheet of Carbon Fiber material with a sticky backing on E-Bay. I bought one a year ago but never used it. I might try this, and if it works out I will send in some photos.

You can get a sheet of Carbon Fiber material with a sticky backing on E-Bay.  I bought one a year ago but never used it.  I might try this, and if it works out I will send in some photos.
yeah that might work . I wasn't the best at "Decoupage" in kinder  garden but I ll try that unless somebody can get them precut.

<!--EDIT|hionbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143510842 -->

That is the carbon windscreen from magical racing.  You can also get a full carbon fiber screen as well.
Charles, you are correct, that is a Magical Racing Screen, but the owner also trimmed around the screen with Carbon adhesive of some type. Would like to see abetter pic.

ok

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143567004 -->

DSC02928.JPG

just goes to show im not a photographer
crazy.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143567522 -->

DSC02925.JPG

its a tape work alright, I've seen it on ebay, selling by sq. feet, but who's doing the precut? is anyone selling it? (I'm interested...)

That is the carbon windscreen from magical racing.  You can also get a full carbon fiber screen as well.
Charles, you are correct, that is a Magical Racing Screen, but the owner also trimmed around the screen with Carbon adhesive of some type.  Would like to see abetter pic.
better picture

I m only interested in the TRIM . I found some sticker material same stuff they make gas cap cover with . My tank protectore is Real carbon fiber with the twill got it on ebay from a UK seller.

hionbusa...you have a few options for the trim. Do you want real CF or just fake tape stuff?

If you want the real stuff, I can hook you up with very thin CF sheets 12" X 24" fully cured sheets with high gloss finish. A nice 3M backing, and a Razor blade and you can Have a real CF Trim piece the is UV protected, weighs close to nothig, and isn't junk-tape. A little spendy at $40.00 shipped to your door, but if you want to do it right, this is the route I would go.

Forgot to mention the CF is 1.3 mil thick, and if you want professional grade 3M tape applied to the whole sheet, the price is an extra $4.00

Another pic of the MR windscreen
www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143589686 -->

Another option, which cost just about as much if you dont want to order off internet is this. Pepboys has CF Vinyl film...I think 24 by 24 sheet for like $25.00 - Unfortunately it is not top quality Vinyl. Look for Avery or 3M vinyl, and thicker mil does not mean better for the Vinyl. If your doing rounded surfaces, I hear the 2.5 / 3.0 mil film is very hard to contour to curved surface, and could leave crease marks - also the UV coating is not great on the cheap stuff.

I guess pay a little more and do it right in the first place. When people ask if that is Real CF, you can say yup...instead of saying...umm, its just tape. That few dollars more get alot more respect for being real than saving a few bucks and just using over priced tape.

Back