When Do You Put Your X Mas Decorations Up?

I vote that Christmas doesn't start until after T-Day at the earliest - preferrably not until th calendar hits December. That goes for advertising/marketing campaigns and music as well. Starting early (started seeing the Christmas marketing stuff show up in retail about mid-October) just makes the effect less unique/special. If we're gonna have Christmas for 2.5 months, shoot...might as well have it for a full 12 months. Of course, then it'll just be another day on the 25th. ???

I string about a gazillion strings on the house. Lots of 12/12 pitches so I get it done while still warm, shortly after the leaves are done. I won't light them until December 10th though.

I've already seen Christmas lights and indoor trees up. ???

yeah well i used to decorate the busa cause i put it in my dinning room well not theis year tired of doing that. i never get anything under it so. ALas wait i sit at home for the holidays thats right cause i dont get along with my family

Back in the Day the wife and I were really broke, couldn't afford a tree and we decided we didn't need one. This was 99 I think.

Anyway, I got off work one afternoon and while she was still in class I grabbed a couple strings of lights we did have and with a few nails I "Made" a Christmas tree shape out of the light on the wall and hung a few ornaments from their. Seemed to work pretty well. She thought it was the coolest tree ever, got her all teary but then she's the sentimental one. Still though made a big difference...

Why do so many people us x-mas to say Christmas? Do they not realize they're taking out the whole meaning of the word and the holliday? Or do they realize it and that's why they do it? Sorry for the rant, but it just agrivates me to see x-mas used to say Christmas.

Just used X Mas to keep the thread name all on one line. Might have fit otherwise, but that was my thinking.

It's an abbreviation. Still reads Christmas. Not like it's spelled incorrectly.

Back