what would you like for your next bike?

OB_ducmanic

Registered
Long term test results are the same as the short term test results. You loose. What do you ride now? A bicycle?
ducmanic

I see that amateurs are still around this site. Too bad isn't it. Too bad I don't have the problems he thinks he understands. It would be Too Bad if I left 166 RWHP tire tracks across his back. Too Bad his next bike will be of the pedal variety.
Kawabuser--Good friend works at Schaumburg Honda. RC51 window of opportunity will be open for a while for me. As far as the Benelli goes I know its 2001 or 2002 thats why I said I would "hold tight". What do you think of the Tornado?
Bob

Since the Genral Discussion Forum has degenerated into a us-against-them free-for-all I though I might as well screw things up some more.

I like variety in bikes and even though the H is a terrific motorcycle, by next spring I'll be gawking at all the 2000 models, and maybe wanting something new.

Since I don't come anywhere close to riding the H to its limits, something less powerful and slower would be ok, e.g. GSXR750, RC51.

It would be interesting to hear what other H owners might be thinking of changing to. (Before you aim the flame throwers at me, I don't think badly of anyone who plans to keep their H.)

PS I use 42 alias's on this forum so its really just FC, DP and me posting.

I'm going to keep my Busa, probably for 10 years or more as I have with other bikes. I'll modify it more and more until eventually it just explodes and forces me to get a new rocket ride.

But I would like to get a second bike so my wife could share riding with me more and so I could safely take the kids out.

My wife always admires the passenger thrones on my friends' Harleys and you've got to admit they're a pretty safe perch.

I'd go for a used Harley dresser as my second bike.

There's no way I'd go for an Japanese imitation Harley even if they are technologically superior. Imitations can never be anything more than imitations.

I have a deposit down on a Norton Nemesis, hopefully I will recieve this summer.

RC51, always wanted a twin sportbike. The Ducatis are too little for too much money. TLR has funky rear shock and Suzuki lost interest in racing them.

I have never owned a Honda, but you have to admire their fit and finish. RC51 is at the beginning of its life vs the stale Ducatis. And Honda will offer factory kit parts and the potential for decent resale if they only produce them for one year(similar to the RC45 production run).

And NO the Busa is not leaving it is staying here to grow old.

I admit it, i have a deposit on the ZX-12. No flames please I will give an honest comparison at least.
But, my black/grey Busa will STAY. If what I have been told is not true I will cancel the ZX12R order and look for a RC51 or hold tight for the Bennelli Tornado maybe.
Bob

Bob it may not hurt to throw down on a RC51 NOW, as one report I heard was a production run of 1,700 bikes with no promise of RC51 to be offered in 2001. Honda is weird like that, RC45's are 1994's. By spring you may not have a chance, find a dealer who will offer a refundable deposit.

The Benelli is to be offered in 2001, not 2000.

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 02 October 1999).]

I'm going to always have a busa but the second bike i want is a 996 ducati for the short twisties in the mountains. Red of course.................

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 02 October 1999).]

My next bike won't need a new clutch, stop dead for no reason in the middle of the highway, fall over cause the sidestand is junk like the busa does. All this and it is not even a year old. I can't wait to see the long term results.

Back