what would you do with your 08 motor

ctkiteboarding

Registered
ok guys, drag race application, complete motor package, almost unlimited budget, still streetable with in reason , what would you do? details please thanks

1) Turbo
2) NOS
3) Big Bore

In that order or all three, since money isn't a problem. Don't forget suspension and weight reducing mods :whistle:

HUM.....Big bore kit, bigger crank,headwork, bigger cams, carillo rods, wet nos setup (for the track of coarse:laugh:)

and still streetable at about 240 hp before spray.:cheerleader:

Im guessing around 8,000 worth

Last edited:
thanks but this will be all motor , no turbo ,no wet kits , maybe a small dry later but not likely, can you guys be more detailed , like which pistons what crank head details etc

i have JE pistons but i think weisco has better ones. je's are just cheaper and still a good piston. you can go with 13:1 and still be on pump gas. I THINK more than that and you cant use pump gas??? Get flat top pistons not round top. I think 385/385 cams are pretty good. but you may be able to go 415's and still be pretty streetable??? headwork you'd want to just make sure you send it to a reputable head guy. I'm not sure how big of a crank you'd be safe going up to though.

1440 kit including( JE Pistons, Rick Ward ported head and cams, put some carillo rods with new bearing in case you want to spray later, stick with the stock crank) APE heavy duty clutch springs, APE head studs, Brocks billet clutch mod, dual muzzy fans, Extra wiring harness to charge extra battery at the same time) Go ahead and his air shifter and put his dry nitrous kit on it with spray bar, Schnitz window switch, Schnitz 2 stage progressive controller, power commander, ignition module, multi hub. This set up will produce 220Hp with sidewinder, 215 with akro full exhaust. Then you could spray a 60 shot on top of that. Awesome bike for street and track. I would do my research before listening to alot of these "builders" that claim 240HP streetable motor bikes on pump fuel. You need to contact Chuck Wilburn at Tupelo Performance 662-840-4488. Chuck knows his stuff and is a great motor and nitrous builder. A lot of these "240HP bikes go on his dyno jet 250 and make anywhere from 200-220HP. Now I know some may argue that his dyno is just reading low but if you argue that then that would result in his bike that dynos 220 making maybe 260 on yours. Anyway not to really get caught up in dyno#'s anyway. Chuck will have your bike running good and strong and thats what matters most. I think this would be a bike on the edge of being streetable but could run at the track. Seriously give chuck a call and he would probably be happy to help you out, he's quick also complete build in a week. Good luck

Last edited:
I have a 08 with a 1441 kit, web cams, welded clutchbasket, and heavy springs it pushing 228hp. I still ride on the street and no overheating issues. Today ran 100 mile charity with alot of slow riding no issues. With a good rider 8.90 at 166 mph on stock wheel base and no air shifter. :cheerleader:

I have a 08 with a 1441 kit, web cams, welded clutchbasket, and heavy springs it pushing 228hp. I still ride on the street and no overheating issues. Today ran 100 mile charity with alot of slow riding no issues. With a good rider 8.90 at 166 mph on stock wheel base and no air shifter. :cheerleader:

:thumbsup:

open checkbook?

Bigbore turbo motor with a nitrous kicker to get it off the line... (I like the lower compression so you can still street it on pump gas with greatly reduced boost settings)

get a nice Carpenter head, custom cylinder case to handle big bore and boost (are these even available?)
Rods/pistons/cams/crank/bearings/chains/gears/ and the rest of the club..

billet clutch basket (welded on a big hp thing? not a chance) and guts

probably going to need a wheel and a slick to go under it too.. :)

Back