What type of bike gathering places in your areas?

MET

The Watcher
Registered
What type of places are in your area for weekly/montly gatherings of bikes? City Place etc.

You writing a movie or something? ;) We have "Porkys" which is a 50's style diner right out of 'American Graffitti', every thursday night in the summer where EVERYONE goes... it's 75% harley's & cruisers, 25% sport bikes. Also there is a Quick Trip near downtown's "loop" where the posers go sit and hang out trying to impress underage women, before they hit the loop doing wheelies, burnouts, getting ticketed...

Oop! Forgot, Daytona's, a racing sports Bar&Grill [more bar] where most go after Porky's shuts down at 9pm due to noise ordinances. There is much drinking going on in the cruiser crowd but no so much the sport bike crowd - not picking on anyone, just obvious observation.

Oh any nice day, you cross paths with many bikers cruising around the outside of Sailorvile lake, with it's smooth black top, twistie roads. It's not a place to be seen, but a place to enjoy.

There are other local bike nights and haunts but those are the main I believe here in Des Moines, Iowa.

WHy do you ask?

There are a few regular motorcycle get togethers during the week. In Birmingham they meet at the Friday's restaurant, but I haven't been. I prefer to go to 29 dreams motorcycle resort. I can hang out there all day and you see all biker types.

What about you NE ?
Do you ever go to the Vanilla bean in pomfret or Moto Mart in Acton?
Me I like to ride over to NH and hang around the lakes region and Weirs Beach after ripping up the Northern routes on my way down., my best freind has a Ninja ZX -11 and lives right down that way so it makes for a convenient destination (Free Lodgings)
As for Vt you can find posers in Burlington at night, and all sorts of riders up in Smugglers Notch by day, otherwise it is Hog Heaven in Vt.

Ok I'm in the Research Triangle area of NC and there are tons of events in the NC/SC area. Almost every week during the riding season there is something going on. Every Thursday there's a bike shoot out at the track in Benson, NC -30-45min away jost about every other saturday there's a bike event at piedmont raceway in Greensboro,NC- 45 min away. Once or twice a month there's a big bike bash at Farmington Raceway in Winston-Salem, NC about 90minutes away, There are various bike clubs sponsoring events once or twice a month in Greensboro, NC at the American Legion field on McConnel Rd -definitely check out the Golden Knights event start on friday night and goes through sunday nonstop partying and booty shaking for the most part. NC Bikers Round-up in Raleigh NC in August, Kinston Racetrack about twice a month about 90 min away, hmmmm the list goes on and on. Between NC,SC, and Richmond there's an event almost every weekend during the riding season. And there's always the local hangouts in Raleigh. If you're in the area let me know and I will let you know whats going on that week.

In Richmond VA it is the HESS Gas station on Broad Street. So if you're ever in town on a weekend or weekday during the season come on down. There will always be riders out there. If the police run us out of there. We park on the street right next door to the HEss and line up the road on Broad. If you are the first rider there just sit and wait. Beleive me they will come!
cool.gif

What about you NE ?
Do you ever go to the Vanilla bean in pomfret or Moto Mart in Acton?
Me I like to ride over to NH and hang around the lakes region and Weirs Beach after ripping up the Northern routes on my way down., my best freind has a Ninja ZX -11 and lives right down that way so it makes for a convenient destination (Free Lodgings)
As for Vt you can find posers in Burlington at night, and all sorts of riders up in Smugglers Notch by day, otherwise it is Hog Heaven in Vt.
I have done the bean many times. never hit Moto mart in Acton, I will have to check it out. here is also Marcus Dairy in Danbury CT., but that is 2 hours away from me, so weekends does not cut it unless big event. Need something around Worcester MA. South FL. is Easy for bike nights. FT. Lauderdale Fudd's Friday night, Hooters Pimbroke Pines Wednesday night, Thursday Fudd's Miami, Monday Hooters Miami,Lauderdale river Front, South Beach.

In Richmond VA it is the HESS Gas station on Broad Street.  So if you're ever in town on a weekend or weekday during the season come on down.  There will always be riders out there.  If the police run us out of there.  We park on the street right next door to the HEss and line up the road on Broad. If you are the first rider there just sit and wait.  Beleive me they will come!
cool.gif
may take you up on it in the summeer.

In OHIO they have a place called Quaker Steak and Lube that is pretty sweet on Wednesday nights! They average about 1,000 BIKES every week and have gotten over 1,500 on some nights during the summer.

Anyone in the Dayton OH area, shoot me an email if you want to check it out sometime. It's on Colonel Glen Highway just off I-675 by the Nutter Center across from Wrigth State University!

Josh
blues.gif

Here in Knox. TN., Tues. it,s the Texas Roadhouse resturant, and thursday,s it,s HOOOOOOTERS, and SAT. It,s DEAL,s Gap aka THE DRAGON! 318 curves in 11miles! If you,ve never riden it, you should come and try it sometime.
wink.gif

Back