What To Wear This Summer

Dear Friends

I had my wife snap those of me just a little while ago, after I saw TXBusa05LE's post, so that's an up-to-date image. I'm trying to lose some of that weight.

On Joe Rocket's size chart (http://www.newenough.com/info_pages/sizing_chart_joe_rocket.html) should I go with an XXL or an XXXL?

I believe I'm going to order the jacket GSXTacy recommended.

--Jaddie
Looks to me like I would recommend going with a XXXL. You would be styling in that blue jacket. I bought GSXTacy the same Jacket last year from new enough. (GSXTacy is my son). Don't fret about your weight here, you look perfect busa size to me!
ThumbsUp.gif
Try riding farther up an the tank and hold yourself up with your abs. This will take some of the pressure off of your hands and help with the numbness. Have you looked at boots yet and found anything you like?

Looks to me like I would recommend going with a XXXL. You would be styling in that blue jacket. I bought GSXTacy the same Jacket last year from new enough. (GSXTacy is my son). Don't fret about your weight here, you look perfect busa size to me!
ThumbsUp.gif
Try riding farther up an the tank and hold yourself up with your abs. This will take some of the pressure off of your hands and help with the numbness. Have you looked at boots yet and found anything you like?
Dear Hal

10-4. I'll buy the blue jacket.

I want to ride farther up on the tank, but I'm afraid the zipper of my fleece jacket will scratch it. I'll try using my abs tomorrow. Today I used my thighs to grip the tank, and that took a little pressure off.

That you are your son share a hobby is so ultra-cool!

I believe I've almost decided on the Icon Super Duty 3 boots.

--Jaddie

Glad you are gearing up.  Before you start thinking about dragging knee, you need to get some seat time on the Busa, like I wouldn't even think about it this year.  Then you need to upgrade your gear to armored leather with pucks.

In the mean time, there are things you can do this season to prepare. (1) get the suspension on your Busa modded to match your size.  I replaced the fork springs on mine and tuned it.  The JINKSTER attacks suspension post is a great start.  (2) Read Twist of the Wrist and Twist of the Wrist 2.  Work on the technics at legal speeds on the street.   You won't come close to putting a knee down, but it will help you with proper body position and balance.  You need to be able to control the bike at low speeds before you can handle it at high speeds.

I'll see you at the track next year.

258o2204_Cropped__Medium_.jpg

Hey Hal

I like those boots but i dont have leather pants would you make fun of me if i wore them with jeans
argue.gif
thumb_up.gif

Jaddie, MAYBE you could bring some photo gear to the bash? there are a couple areas at the hotel where we could setup a nice little photo shoot area for the bikes and riders?

Jaddie, I have Twist of the Wrist on my pc. Pm me your email and I'll send it to you. How did your rear tire turn out?
thumb_up.gif

ThumbsUp.gif
Dear Hal

10-4. I'll buy the blue jacket.

I want to ride farther up on the tank, but I'm afraid the zipper of my fleece jacket will scratch it. I'll try using my abs tomorrow. Today I used my thighs to grip the tank, and that took a little pressure off.

That you are your son share a hobby is so ultra-cool!

I believe I've almost decided on the Icon Super Duty 3 boots.

--Jaddie
You can get a protective tank pad at just about any motorcycle store. Most of the guys have them, myself included. You are right, it is very special to have something in common you can enjoy with your sons. Here is a pic of GSXTacy and me.

post_6_30634_P1010026_JPGsmall.jpg

Was kind of worried when I read your first post, but seems like you've got your head on straight and getting things taken care of. It will be good to see the progress you make ridin'!

Jaddie,  MAYBE you could bring some photo gear to the bash?  there are a couple areas at the hotel where we could setup a nice little photo shoot area for the bikes and riders?
Dear Randy

I'd bring photo gear to the Bash before I'd bring the 'Busa!

I don't know what you'd want, though. Maybe just an umbrella and strobe for fill?

I don't believe you'd want me to set up a background outdoors.

I still don't know if we're coming to the Bash. I asked my wife yesterday and she said she didn't know. See, she doesn't ride. She'd come in her car. And she doesn't know anyone. She's pregnant with our first kid and a little crazy at the moment. She says I can't go by myself.

I'll try to get an answer this afternoon.

--Jaddie

Jaddie,  MAYBE you could bring some photo gear to the bash?  there are a couple areas at the hotel where we could setup a nice little photo shoot area for the bikes and riders?
Dear Randy

I don't know what you'd want, though. Maybe just an umbrella and strobe for fill?

I still don't know if we're coming to the Bash. I asked my wife yesterday and she said she didn't know. See, she doesn't ride. She'd come in her car. And she doesn't know anyone. She's pregnant with our first kid and a little crazy at the moment. She says I can't go by myself.

--Jaddie
shake.gif
hope you get to make it though. wifey comes first though.
thumb_up.gif

my son Matt (Serpent)
Dear Hal

You have two sons who are into bikes? Wow!

My dad hated bikes. He used to give me motorcycles if I'd play sports. I hated anything to do with traditional sports.

I rode motocross quite a bit. I even went to the Gary Bailey MX school in Axton, Virginia, back in '82.

On streetbikes I'll never develop the same level of proficiency that I enjoyed with dirtbikes because I'm too afraid of crashing on the street. On the street not only are we risking serious injuries and death, but it usually costs us an arm and a leg to get our bikes fixed.

--Jaddie

Dear Randy

--Jaddie
You and your wife both need to come to the bash! You and her both will make some lifelong friends I assure you. Mc Mustangs wife will not be riding, and I'm sure there are others she can have a good time with while you go for some rides. The fellowship at night around the fire is something she will enjoy and you guys will start making plans to come back before the bash is over. Here is a pic of MC Mustang and his wife. Nothing scary about this bunch of "bikers", just some great people who you will enjoy spending time with.

post_6_49519_ball_08.jpg

A single plain backdrop, couple umbrellas and we could set up a corner of the parking lot real quick.. Some studio quality shots of some of these machines would be really nice... not much in the way of "good" backdrop around the hotel where good shots could be staged.. heck for that matter if you have a Chroma Key Green we could have some real fun...

Bring the wife, kids, dog and the neighbors
laugh.gif
not knowing anyone there is the last excuse that will fly as NO ONE knows anyone the first trip, and by the time you leave? you will have gained more new friends than you will see in a lifetime...

Back