What the heck does the exhaust gasket look like?

You should see the 80000 mile Busa that is on my lift now, i have the pain job this week!

so what does an 80k bike look like, are you doing an engine tear down?

skydvr those exhaust gaskets are a piece of cake, if you can jump outta a perfectly good plane you can do those:laugh:

so what does an 80k bike look like, are you doing an engine tear down?

skydvr those exhaust gaskets are a piece of cake, if you can jump outta a perfectly good plane you can do those:laugh:

AND you should be able to pull them out with your teeth! :laugh:

This is gonna sound like an oxymoron, but I'm actually a pretty conservative skydiver which is why I'm still around and in 20 years injury-free (knocking on wood when I type this)...

Ok, now I understand and have removed the old gasket(s). It's different than any other gasket I've seen before, basically a copper jacket around some compressed wire fiber. They were in there very tight took a while to pry/pick out without damaging the block. New gaskets installed went in much easier (pic attached).

Worked until midnight to install header, put oil cooler and radiator back together. The TBB header IMHO is not nearly as nice as the OEM header on the 1K, and did NOT want to fit very easily. Crossing my fingers that I haven't made a huge mistake or messed something up.

IMG_1369.jpg

Back