What sprocket should I get?

Jota69

Registered
I want to change the sprocket on my Gen I. I dont know if I should do either 42t rear, 43t rear or 16t front. Can anyone tell me how big of a diffrence each makes. I dont do any drag racing so I dont want anything too extreme

Seems the most popular with gen 1 is the 16/42 combo. With your last statement I would say go up 2 in the rear and see how you like it. If you do and want more drop the 1 in the front. Dropping 1 in the front is about the same as +3 in the rear.
You should be able to do both without changing your chain.

Via Tapatalk

i would start by going +3 thats what i did and loved it then i stretched and also went -1 in the front

I use +3 on the rear and have not enjoyed it since the swap. When I find a deal on a nice new pretty 40 tooth- It will be going back to stock. Sure it works good at the track but Im not happy with the extra rpm/ noise and reduced fuel mileage on the street/highway which is 98% of the time.

Just my 2 cents.

i got 45+ mpg with +3 in the rear and you have to sacrifice one area to gain another. noise didnt bug me at all

16:42 FTW! - You'll use twice as much fuel...but the bike takes off like a rocket!

FYI, if you change sprockets, also get a new chain.

I have a GenII and went +2 on rear and it hardly makes any noise or RPM difference.

You can notice the front wheel doesn't stay down as much!!!!:laugh:
Still on stock chain etc... Great mod! Supersprox....

269511_10150379420377571_772852570_10212173_4097597_n.jpg

Back