What kind of car audio you rockin?

Not trying to thread jack but, I just bought a fully loaded 2500hd silverado crew cab, I'm looking for an audio system to replace the stocker and maybe one of you guys can help? The speakers are decent. Bose audio, but I want a head unit that has an lcd touch screen, sirius radio and two video outs, so I can get screens put in the rear headrest. I also needs a video in for the ps3. the problem is The rear seats have a head unit that works off of the front unit, so they can each listen to different music. Ive been out of the game for a while any guru Know what unit I would need?

Not trying to thread jack but, I just bought a fully loaded 2500hd  silverado crew cab, I'm looking for an audio system to replace the stocker and maybe one of you guys can help? The speakers are decent. Bose audio, but I want a head unit that has an lcd touch screen, sirius radio and two video outs, so I can get screens put in the rear headrest. I also needs a video in for the ps3. the problem is The rear seats have a head unit that works off of the front unit, so they can each listen to different music. Ive been out of the game for a while any guru Know what unit I would need?
any head unit will work. the big issue you are going to most likely run into is having to re-wire the factory bose amp to work with the aftermarket deck. in some applications you can just wire up the remote turn-on lead from the head unit to power up the factory amps, but with bose, the impedence of the speakers is like 3ohm or 6ohm (cant remember off the top of my head) and an aftermarket head unit runs at 4 ohms.

your best bet and prolly better sound solution is to replace all the interior speakers with decent aftermarket applications and install a good 4 channel amp. less headache that way for sure!!!

as far as your LCD head unit, you are going to want something that has atleast 1 video input and 2 video outputs. you can always use Y adapters to create another output if need be... as far as brands go, i would go with either kenwood, clarion, eclipse,nakamichi, or alpine..... those 5 have always been up at the top as far as quality and reliability goes...

Not trying to thread jack but, I just bought a fully loaded 2500hd  silverado crew cab, I'm looking for an audio system to replace the stocker and maybe one of you guys can help? The speakers are decent. Bose audio, but I want a head unit that has an lcd touch screen, sirius radio and two video outs, so I can get screens put in the rear headrest. I also needs a video in for the ps3. the problem is The rear seats have a head unit that works off of the front unit, so they can each listen to different music. Ive been out of the game for a while any guru Know what unit I would need?
any head unit will work.  the big issue you are going to most likely run into is having to re-wire the factory bose amp to work with the aftermarket deck.  in some applications you can just wire up the remote turn-on lead from the head unit to power up the factory amps, but with bose, the impedence of the speakers is like 3ohm or 6ohm (cant remember off the top of my head) and an aftermarket head unit runs at 4 ohms.  

your best bet and prolly better sound solution is to replace all the interior speakers with decent aftermarket applications and install a good 4 channel amp.  less headache that way for sure!!!

as far as your LCD head unit, you are going to want something that has atleast 1 video input and 2 video outputs.  you can always use Y adapters to create another output if need be...  as far as brands go, i would go with either kenwood, clarion, eclipse,nakamichi, or alpine.....  those 5 have always been up at the top as far as quality and reliability goes...
they have moduales to work with the factory bose system can also use the rear controls to run the aftermarket deck it just cost a bit more money

I have a alpine head unit with hd-radio ipod controll, 2 12" sony explode subs not sure specific model, 1200 watt max sony 2 channel amp goin to subs, 5 fared power acoustic capacitor, front has 6.5" infinity kappa components and the back is 6x9" infinity reference 3 ways sounds great now just would like a lil more clarity on the high volumes so im looking to add a 4 channel amp for the regular speakers probably a 75 watts rms would be perfect, but im not sure if i want to do that first or finish up my idea to put 4 inch marine audio components in the front inner pannels on the busa and a jl 6w3 in the hump on the back and turn it into a lil ported box cause i've found the perfect amp too slimline sony 2 channels at 50 watts rms and one at 150 rms which would be perfect for the sub and the speakers

Well just finished installing my system couple weeks ago in my 2004 Grand Am 2-Door. Deck is a Eclipse Douple Din Touch Screen with Nav/Sat/Dvd/CD/IPod. Front doors modified to hold set of Focal 165K2P, Subs are 3 JL Audio 10W6v2 is sealed enclosure. Two JL Audio amps, one 300/2 for Front Doors and 1000/1 for subs. Stinger 1/0 Power Cables and 2 Farad Capacitor.

Those are some nice setups yall got. I have been wanting to cut the floorboards out of my dodge and build some oversized boxes so i can get bigger speakers under the seats. My pioneers are 1400 watts cause they have to be overpowered so i can get proper speaker cycling cause the boxes are tiny.

If you dont have box space, get real powerful speakers so they can still sound like you do.

I posted a vid once of my little pea shooter, here is is again.

Last edited by a moderator:
OEM FTW!

thumb_up.gif
Harmon/Kardon Logic 7 in the car works for me. 11 speakers, 400 something watts, all clean all the time. None of the usual Bose issues, and plenty big enough to fill the car with great surround sound. Besides, the two subs under the passenger and drivers seat provides a particularly pleasant umm.... experience for female passengers...
beerchug.gif

Back