What kind of car audio you rockin?

mikev7

Registered
I have a (cheapish) jensen touch screen head unit, a eiger vision 11.5 rear swivel monitor, pioneer digital sound processor, 2 pioneer 1400 watt a piece 12's sealed under rear seats, a pioneer rearvied camera hooket to show at all times on both monitors, and a ipod video which plays video on both monitors also. Tv tuner. Powered by jl audio. Used to be mostly pioneer stuff.

about 1,350 watts 138.8db at 40hz. I took 2nd place in super stock 901-1800 with 138.8db. Im probably pushing 140+ now due to the sound processor.

IMG00515.jpg

I got a kenwood head unit and a freebie set of mtx subs... cheap's how I roll.

I dont have a Rockin car stereo. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn express once.

i installed car audio for years. ive ran everything from pioneer, toi JL audio to rockford, polk, memphis, ect.... my days with big sound are over. unless i break down and purchase the Escalade that ive been wanting now for about 8 months, then i will have to throw down some serious cash and make some serious noise!!!!

I run an eclipse head unit. I have a JL 300/4 running two sets of 6.5's. I have a JL 1000/1 pushing a JL 12w7. I have an optima yellow top and a high output alternator.

Iin the S10, I run 2 12" Kicker CVR DVC 2ohm & a Planet Audio 400x2 2ohm, with a 1.2 fard cap, Tsunami wiring, and an Alpine 9856 Deck w/ Ipod cable. I need to rework the system, cuz somethings F'd up, but I have no time. Fuggin POUNDS tho....inside the cab.
biggrin.gif

In the Impala, I run a single Directed Audio 12, run by a Kicker zx400.1 mono amp. Pretty much the same deck as in the S10, just a newer version. Nothing fancy, just adds a nice kick when turned up. I was gonna do a pair of 15" L7's @ 3k watts and put in some headrest TV's for the kids, but I'll probably trade the Impala for a full-size truck in '09 (to haul the Busa), so I'm not gonna upgrade it from what it is now. But whatever truck I get, will probably get some 22's and just upgrade all the stock components, without subs, since I'll probably buy a regular can 1/2 ton.

In the rig, I swapped in a Pioneer so I could run my ipod on it. Cheapest one that takes an ibus connector. I'll probably add a hardwired sirius reciever to it when my dash mount one craps the bed.

I've got a few buddies with some killer systems...

1 guys has a Ford Probe with 2 15" L7's and hits 156.8db

The other guy has an older Expedition with 2 15" CVR's, AND 2 15" L7's. His sh*t will suck the panties off any girl who is within 30' of the truck. The bass from that thing is ungodly annoying.

Used to have a 1988 honda civic dx with 3 prescision power cheater amps(the old art series)with 2 12 mtx black golds and an alpine head unit. That was way back in the day. OH THE GOOD OLD DAYS!
beerchug.gif

Pinoeer head unit with the Ipod adapter in the Ranger pushing Polk speakers. Nothing fancy but it plenty loud for us. The Dodge is bone stock.

I have been running Audiobahn before they went belly up now waiting on the square subs from MTX and waiting on my Kenwood excelon double din dvd player. here is the system in my Firebird

ronz.JPG

Eclipse double din touch screen CD, DVD head unit. Alpine components in front doors, Eclipse point source 5 x 7 in the rear, 2 Aluminum Eclipse 12" DVC's in a sealed box, Old school powers for the subs - Soundstream Rubicon 500 wired to 1 ohm, love them old amps. Eclipse EA 4000 for the other speakers, XM radio.

No db numbers, very clear and plays all types of music well. All installed in a F250 crew cab.

In my 2000 Lightning I run a Alpine head unit, Memphis amps (1100W to the subs and 150W to each door. the old school chrome ones that kick ass), Memphis studio subs, and Focal Utopia components. I've got all the d-blocks, and caps and all that crap, too. 2+ layers of Brown Bread all in the cab as well. Very clean sound. It took me about over 2 years to piece it together at reasonable prices.

In the S-10, flip out touch screen. In the Impala, Alpine head unit, Alpine cd changer, two Orion HCCA 225's,two Orion 15" XTR3's,Optama battery under the hood, Stinger gel cell in the trunk, two 7 inch flip down tv's, two four inch tv's in the visors, and a PS II.

2003 Duramax with Kenwood DD DVD touchscreen Dolby digital 5.1 surround, Diamond audio components and center channel and 2 10" Infinity pefect subs under back seat. Sirius Radio, Ipod Adapter, Navigation system. 1 Memphis 300W 4 channel running all diamond components and 2 (count them) 2 Memphis ST1600D 1000 Watts each running to the dual 2 ohm VC Infinity's(yep you heard right 1000W to each sub.
never had it tested but it sounds clean all the way up. I generally have the gain turned down on the sub amps but it still rattles the neighbors windows when needed. Wish I could fit some Diamond TDX 12's but the mounting depth is way too deep and I am not going to take out my back seat.

Plus if you look inside the truck it looks like a factory installed Navigation system and you can't see anything else. Just incase I also have a Viper system with remote start on the Diesel for those cold mornings.

Clarion 675VDII touch screen, Clarion 15 inch HD flip down, Clarion rearview camera, Polk Audio Momo C500.1 carbon series amp, 12' Kicker CVT, 6 Diamond componets in doors no amp for those as of yet, Hornet 2-way alarm w/tilt sensor. On the outside 22" Akuza Creation rims, Precision billet grilles, HID lights high/low/fog
DSC00651.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

m_0ee7395cee068f97a68ca6c4125fe4d0.jpg

DSC00649.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

some nice stuff...
Dang, I wish I still had all my pics...

Let's see, my '84 442 sound-off car/daily driver, had 4 Dr.Crankenstien H15C's Behind a wall in 6th order cabinets w/10db of gain. And a US Amps 400 HCCA running at 1/4 ohm mono,240amp alternator, 4batts, 6 caps,2/0 power, 4/0 ground cables,4ga speaker wire. A 200 HCCA on mids and highs w/Audio Control EQT's, 8- 6.5's, 4- 4's, 4- Ti tweets. Kenwood KDC-900 passive head unit. Did 153.8 consumer class, to flash dance, back in '92.It did 155.8 outlaw. I remember giving the Rockford truck fits that year, he hated me. I almost set a world record, but could not make the next few shows to back it up.

Have had a Geo Metro w/8- 15's in a "V" and 4800w rms, popped the front windshield out of it at a sound-off in TN back in 93.

Built a Vdub bus w/20-15's and 10,000w rms in 93 as well. It was one of the very 1st to hit over 160db.

Right now I have a 98 suburban w/Kenwood ecxelon and passive EQ in dash, 4- 6.5's, 2- Ti tweets. 1- 15" Niche dvc wired at 1 ohm off a Boss Audio 3500 BLADE series sub amp( 2000w rms) And mids and highs off a Boss Audio 2000 BLADE series 4ch amp(4 x 250 rms)An extra Yellow top Optima and a couple caps. Yes, I know they are cheap amps,but don't tell them that, they freakin pound!!I really could not believe it till I heard it myself. I am adding another Niche 15 to this soon, the way I will wire it, it will run 2500rms. We'll see how long they last then...HEHEHEHEHEHE

Back