What is this part called?

dx3

Registered
Guys,

Had to borrow this picture from eBay, but was wondering if someone could tell me what the name is of these plastic parts on either side of the gas tank runnning up toward the gauge cluster. They are the non-painted black plastic pieces...

busaplastic.jpg

Thanks,
Jonny

i believe that is just called, "Panel Lower", LH and RH. the actual fairing is called "Cowling", that piece is 33.00 at Green Country. I bet Justin at Honda East could beat the price too.

Yeah everything is called a cowling..even the nose piece... Those microfiche parts list make no sense sometimes..:banghead:

Thank you guys for your responses :) I wonder if I can pick up a set for cheap on eBay?

Jonny

I just bought a set last week. Justin at Honda East had the best price. I paid a few $$ more to support my local dealer. Not worth getting used off of ebay.

Here are your part numbers:
94631-24F00 PANEL,SIDE,L
94621-24F00 PANEL,SIDE,R

On ebay and some other sites they usually go by "Dash Panels". A lot of people post them on ebay with many different names...

Thank you all for your responses. Unfortunately I no longer need them due to the "high moral caliber" of jackasses on Craigslist!

Regards,
Jonny

Thank you all for your responses. Unfortunately I no longer need them due to the "high moral caliber" of jackasses on Craigslist!

Regards,
Jonny

I really feel like there is more to this story. I'm bored sitting in a classroom so you know help me out with a story.:laugh:

I really feel like there is more to this story. I'm bored sitting in a classroom so you know help me out with a story.:laugh:

:lol: Well, I had met with a "gentleman" on Sunday to look at a bike he had for sale. He spent the entire time telling me how sick he was of liars and flakers he's had to deal with. Anyway, we made a deal that I would buy the bike for X amount on the condition that we could get it inspected at a local dealership (not open until Tues). I said, as long as there isn't anything wrong with it then consider it sold. He said "OK, I'll take it off the market."

Anyway, I wanted to get these cowlings/dash panels painted to match the rest of the bike (my old bike had this done and I loved it.) So, I was planning on buying some and dropping them off to paint so they would be perfect.

Well, Monday afternoon rolls around and I text the "gentleman" to ask him what time he would like to meet tomorrow. No response. 5 hours later I get his BS response that he ended up selling it to his brother for more $$$...

Really? So you're telling me you sold the bike to your brother for more than you were selling it to me for? What a stellar brother!! However, we all know that was complete BS and he just got a better offer on it.

Which is fine... but don't whine and ***** to me about people lying and flaking when you did the EXACT same thing to me :banghead: I love hypocrites...

Anyway, that's basically the story :whistle:

Jonny

don't sweat it. i am sure there is something better out there in your price range and well taken care of.

Hate that also. But it means there is a better deal for you out there. Thanks for giving me something to read while i'm supposed to be learning. :laugh:

don't sweat it. i am sure there is something better out there in your price range and well taken care of.

Hate that also. But it means there is a better deal for you out there. Thanks for giving me something to read while i'm supposed to be learning. :laugh:

Thanks guys - I hope so:beerchug: I am trying to be patient. The plus side is that it is going to rain here for the next 7 days so I probably wouldn't be riding anyway...

Jonny

:lol: Well, I had met with a "gentleman" on Sunday to look at a bike he had for sale. He spent the entire time telling me how sick he was of liars and flakers he's had to deal with. Anyway, we made a deal that I would buy the bike for X amount on the condition that we could get it inspected at a local dealership (not open until Tues). I said, as long as there isn't anything wrong with it then consider it sold. He said "OK, I'll take it off the market."

Anyway, I wanted to get these cowlings/dash panels painted to match the rest of the bike (my old bike had this done and I loved it.) So, I was planning on buying some and dropping them off to paint so they would be perfect.

Well, Monday afternoon rolls around and I text the "gentleman" to ask him what time he would like to meet tomorrow. No response. 5 hours later I get his BS response that he ended up selling it to his brother for more $$$...

Really? So you're telling me you sold the bike to your brother for more than you were selling it to me for? What a stellar brother!! However, we all know that was complete BS and he just got a better offer on it.

Which is fine... but don't whine and ***** to me about people lying and flaking when you did the EXACT same thing to me :banghead: I love hypocrites...

Anyway, that's basically the story :whistle:

Jonny

I just bought this sweet Busa from my brother for $17,000. Its completly stock, he gave me a good deal cause Im family:laugh:

oh well, go find another one, buyers market:thumbsup:

Back