What is a Pair Valve removal?

Boyer

Registered
People mention doing a pair valve replacement, what is this, why would you do it, how expensive is it, finally, is there a step by step explainaition?

Do a search for the step by step. My understanding is it's different for Gen I / Gen II. This is normally done when an after market exhaust system is added, turbo or supercharger. The pair valve as I understand it adds air to burnt gases. It serves no purpose once the factory exhaust is replaced. Removing it reduces the weight of the bike.

Only weight loss... 2lbs?...

No horsepower gains.

Stops small backfiring in modified exhaust setups.

Also can do marble mod if not concerned about the weight loss,but want the backfiring to stop. 5-10min job(with Break) and yield same results as pair valve mod. Any common marble works.

Pointless on stock exhaust and most slip-ons/bolt-ons.

It's something people can say they have done to their motorcycles when boasting about performance Mods.

Last edited:
It's something people can say they have done to their motorcycles when boasting about performance Mods.
I actually did it so I could get at my header bolts easier and so when I dyno tune it, it'll have more accurate readings... that's the only thing I boast about. What's wrong w/ doing a cheap 1hr MOD Strife?

I actually did it so I could get at my header bolts easier and so when I dyno tune it, it'll have more accurate readings... that's the only thing I boast about. What's wrong w/ doing a cheap 1hr MOD Strife?

Stock exhaust?

Back